Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

They're gonna have to pick up the pace to have everything done by Opening Day, and I'm a little bummed that so much of the ballpark is gonna be unfinished for fan fest.

That's what happens when you hire contractors based on the lowest asking price.

Just now, SilverBullet said:

They're gonna have to pick up the pace to have everything done by Opening Day, and I'm a little bummed that so much of the ballpark is gonna be unfinished for fan fest.

They have 7 1/2 weeks still.  Depending on what they need to do.

Hm, will the inside of the park be open for FanFest?  I know it has been in the past.  May have to wander down there just to check it out.

Just now, rmc523 said:

May have to wander down there just to check it out.

You sneak in there weekly, what's so special for you?

• Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

You sneak in there weekly, what's so special for you?

33bac2e90f34f0e12f550360505b522c.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They have 7 1/2 weeks still.  Depending on what they need to do.

Hm, will the inside of the park be open for FanFest?  I know it has been in the past.  May have to wander down there just to check it out.

Yes the inside will be open but people won't be able to go into the Diamond Club and other places under construction... huge missed opportunity to sell potential new season ticket holders on the renovations. Absolutely having everything ready by Opening Day is the priority but not having everything ready by Fan Fest is a missed chance for them especially cosidering how many casual fans go to that.

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

In that bottom right photo, you can see they painted that "triangle" area under the supercolumn above the bullpen blue.  Looks so much better there - I always hated that part being green.  There was one year where it was black when Bacardi sponsored it and I thought it looked better, but they went back to green last year.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Yes the inside will be open but people won't be able to go into the Diamond Club and other places under construction... huge missed opportunity to sell potential new season ticket holders on the renovations. Absolutely having everything ready by Opening Day is the priority but not having everything ready by Fan Fest is a missed chance for them especially cosidering how many casual fans go to that.

Yeah, I'd agree it's a missed opportunity.  I'm sure they'll have giant boards of renderings outside of each area for people to look at.

5 hours ago, Iowa said:

Happy to hear they're getting rid of the green

No they aren't, Jeter's keeping as much green as possible! #CheapJeter #JuckFeter

• Like 2