Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

Just now, Michael said:

No they aren't, Jeter's keeping as much green as possible! #CheapJeter #JuckFeter

Welcome to the club.

14 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Welcome to the club.

you're just a bandwagoner 

Well, I used my stalker skills to have more angles than that guy!  So ha!

I'll have a more detailed writeup about the renovations either this evening or (more likely) mid-day tomorrow.  Took 10-15 pictures to share.  I have to upload them and write everything but can't right now.

• Like 1

Surprised this thread doesn't have more updates after today. 

Here are some of my observations:

-The color scheme in the main team store is absolutely fabulous. You walk in and it's so pleasing to the eye. Much more cool and vibrant than the orange which I thought was vibrant at the time but was more abrasive looking back. This color scheme works way better for this team and, right now, I think it might be "better" than teal for present day Marlins. The teal is beautiful and has its place but I don't think it fits us right now. 

-The end seat of every single row has been replaced because the previous seats had the white old logo on the side. The new seats are blank on the sides. 

-All the tiles behind the lower bowl seats are still there they were just painted over in blue, even the grout was painted. I wonder if in the future they'll actually replace all the tiles.

-The concourse walls are a clean white, all of the colored tiles are gone. The colored speckled floors are now a glossy gray but with white and black speckles all over it. It looks very nice very clean very sharp but definitely a bit sterile and bland. It looks nice but needs something to make it pop a bit more.

-The entire outfield concourse was closed off. Many sections were blocked off due to construction. All of the unfinished renovations look like they're gonna be nice but I was bothered seeing them so unfinished on a day like today. It was like having fan fest at a construction site in some areas. 

-The new pizza is pricier than before, $12 to what I remember being $8, maybe $10... but man is it way better in quality taste and appearance. The previous Papa Johns there was worse than regular papa John's. 

-The field was a disaster because of that golf event last month. There were signs semi apologizing and saying new grass coming soon. People were allowed to walk all over the field though as opposed to past years when you were directed along specific paths. So it's clear that they decided not to replace the grass but to just let everyone walk all over it and replace it afterwards as opposed to replacing it and then having people ruin it and then get it replaced again. It makes sense but it looked really bad today. Look at this pic though... 

20190209_163550.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Michael said:

When are they changing the walls to blue?!

Day before the season.

• Laugh 1