Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

They should do it before the game starts, like an hour or so. Or maybe while they are playing so fans can enjoy the experience.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Ok, so I finally have some time to post pictures/thoughts.

This first image is just to show the concourse and how many people were there.

l0DQkz6.jpg

And a view of the people on the field.

GJIJzLl.jpg

Here's the view from/of the right field SRO section.  I think it'll be nice to stand there and eat for a bit watching the game.  

9K2lkKt.jpgv2Ob9ou.jpg

I'll return back to the concourse for this part.  As mentioned before, the floors are now just gray with black/white flakes in it, and it's the same throughout.  It is kind of boring/sterile, but looks nice.

judTo16.jpg

The tiles on the fronts of the concession windows are all painted white now.  Definitely boring/standard looking but I guess it's all uniform around the park now.  The previous signs (which said things like Burgers, and MIA BBQ, Sweat Treats, etc) have been removed.  At FanFest, they had video screens showing either the name of the place that was there or "coming soon" with the name of the place going there (Pincho, Fowl Pole, etc)  It looked like the signs had been removed recently, because there were still wires and things hanging out, like you can see in this photo.  The TV screens out front of the window usually displays the game during games, so I don't know if they'll stick with showing the restaurant name on those, or if that was temporary for today, and actual signs will be placed up.

cXP4ZYo.jpg

I was SOOOOO happy to see they resolved this - they must be reading my posts - they FINALLY got smart and alternated the menu screens - every other screen shows food OR drink options - no idiotic rotating through both on all screens so you have to wait for it to roll back over to what you were reading.

You can also see a closeup of the tv sign in the upper left corner - like I said above, I'm thinking that may be temporary until they get the real signs put up, unless they don't plan on showing the game during games.

EGdtu78.jpg

In addition to the paid windows, they had a few free taste test areas for things like hot dogs.

This was cool looking - didn't remember seeing it before:

KnurAFE.jpg

On to the main attraction:

NJa9zrw.jpg

YpWYiTl.jpg

UMbztAw.jpg

km1U4gV.jpg

It looks like it's going to be a cool setup once done.  I definitely plan on checking it out. 

That one wall on the bottom level (above the display boards) looks kind of tall, though.  It'll be nice to see how it looks when finished.

----

Oh also of note, but didn't take pictures.  The concession area right to the right of the home plate entrance behind that info booth that had been shut down/used for Marlins member things the last few years was blocked off by construction fencing - it looked like it may have all been removed, so something different is going in there.  Also, they had the former Taste of Miami section (the sign was also gone) blocked off, so changes are happening there too.

---

Another thing I noticed but wasn't sure about - the field lights seemed different - I don't know if it was just because they weren't all activated or not, but does anyone know if they changed to LED field lights?

---

Interesting to hear about the logo "caps" on the ends of the seat rows - I didn't think to look at that.  I'm sure that was the simplest way to solve that, as I think it was molded into the seat frames, which would mean replacing every end piece.  I'd guess whenever they replace the seats years down the road, they'll put the new logo in there (who knows, maybe it'll change again.....maybe they should just put little video screens there so they can change it every few years haha).

• Like 2

On the food menus I also noticed more pictures of the food. Every main food item that I saw had an image next to it. That helps, like in a fast food restaurant. In the past I believe only some items were pictured. 

Thinking back to yesterday kinda bummed we didnt set up some meeting between members here. We're overdue for that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SixtoBullet said:

On the food menus I also noticed more pictures of the food. Every main food item that I saw had an image next to it. That helps, like in a fast food restaurant. In the past I believe only some items were pictured. 

Thinking back to yesterday kinda bummed we didnt set up some meeting between members here. We're overdue for that. 

Good point!  I don't recall any menus having pictures before - I only remember it being lists/a typical menu.

That'd have been cool.  Maybe next year!

On 2/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, SilverBullet said:

Back in 2007 when I had a connection at Pro Player, I invited L a r r y to sit with me in the Batters Box seats.  He accepted.

He’s a great guy and was very appreciative.  

1 hour ago, DTrain said:

Back in 2007 when I had a connection at Pro Player, I invited L a r r y to sit with me in the Batters Box seats.  He accepted.

He’s a great guy and was very appreciative.  

Those were the days huh?... Does anyone really knows if he still reads the forum?

I miss posting ...

#BanLarry

😔

Are the OF walls going to be green next year? I thought they were making them blue.

19 minutes ago, Erick said:

Are the OF walls going to be green next year? I thought they were making them blue.

They are going to be blue, seems like they are waiting until the day before the season to do it at this rate.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

12 hours ago, Ema2R said:

Those were the days huh?... Does anyone really knows if he still reads the forum?

I miss posting ...

#BanLarry

😔

I miss bulling him too

• Laugh 1