Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, B1az3 said:

Jeter is so cheap he didnt care to change the dumbbells logo.

Wow, pretty surprising since Jeter has been getting rid of all the dumbbells since the day he got here. 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

 

Damn check out the huge cock in the third photo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marlins Park is gonna be gorgeous!!!!! I'm planning going on the summer, maybe after the All-Star break for the mets series. Haven't been to a game since Pro Player Stadium (July 22, 2000) 17 Expos Marlins 7....

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some have said it'll be boring without as many colors going around, but I think it looks better this way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Michael said:

Damn check out the huge cock in the third photo.

Wonder how it tastes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I know some have said it'll be boring without as many colors going around, but I think it looks better this way.

It does look better, and it's a little less chaotic... but I did like the neon green as it was a unique color in MLB.

My hope is eventually they start to incorporate more of the history of the team into the stadium. Retire some numbers, display the old logos somewhere, and hell.... maybe even commision more new art that is "marlins centric" like a giant mural of counsell crossing home plate in the CF zone area.

Change up the styles, it all doesn't have to be realistic....

 

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY--- Open a damn team museum that's open to the public where we can see the world series trophies without having to sit in the diamond club.  Theres so much history on that site, and with baseball in Miami- it doesn't even need to focus on this current Marlins franchise. Just don't do what Tampa Bay did with a bunch of counterfeit jerseys all over the place.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cock painting is interesting in that I don't think we've heard anything about new art inside the building so maybe this is part of whatever they have in mind to brighten up the now less colorful interior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ema2R said:

 

Aren't there enough roosters walking around outside?  I assume that's where it's coming from.

1 hour ago, Piazza31 said:

Wonder how it tastes....

One way to find out...

1 hour ago, Piazza31 said:

It does look better, and it's a little less chaotic... but I did like the neon green as it was a unique color in MLB.

My hope is eventually they start to incorporate more of the history of the team into the stadium. Retire some numbers, display the old logos somewhere, and hell.... maybe even commision more new art that is "marlins centric" like a giant mural of counsell crossing home plate in the CF zone area.

Change up the styles, it all doesn't have to be realistic....

 

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY--- Open a damn team museum that's open to the public where we can see the world series trophies without having to sit in the diamond club.  Theres so much history on that site, and with baseball in Miami- it doesn't even need to focus on this current Marlins franchise. Just don't do what Tampa Bay did with a bunch of counterfeit jerseys all over the place.

Yeah, I'd like that too - it did sound like the changes this year were a major "Phase 1", but I don't know what they have planned otherwise.

You know what I did remember at FanFest - that UHealth Miami thing in the right corner was all empty now.  I wonder if they'll do something like what you suggest in that location?

I hope they make bigger championship banners too.  Like you said, highlight what few accomplishments the franchise does have.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

The cock painting is interesting in that I don't think we've heard anything about new art inside the building so maybe this is part of whatever they have in mind to brighten up the now less colorful interior. 

Yeah, I was trying to figure out where that is.  It's obviously near a restroom, but I kind of feel like it may be on the second level or in an area that's not the primary concourse.

I just really hope they did more to the concourse since FanFest - all the walls were just plain white now, and it looked very sterile.  I'm not saying we need a rainbow like before, but it'd be nice to see more color - heck, even things like what they did with the colors/logo reveal around town would work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I hope they make bigger championship banners too.  Like you said, highlight what few accomplishments the franchise does have.

This is a random one, but maybe something fun like "list of no hitters in franchise history" somewhere around the park could be fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...