Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

17 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Apparently the sculpture won't be re-assembled outside until 2020?  Seems odd that they wouldn't just do it now.

In the article that said they got permission to take it down it said it was relatively quick to disassemble but that it would take much longer to reassemble. It doubt it would actually take a year and a half but it's possible they don't wanna do it midseason and might just start next offseason to have it up for the 2020 season.

Bowers said “Homer” will be the centerpiece of a new art walk the Marlins plan for outside the stadium. It will be secured by a new eight-foot fence the team plans to erect around the stadium.

The agreement with Miami-Dade gives the Marlins a little more than a year to place the sculpture in its new location on the southeast corner of the stadium complex, by Northwest 14th Avenue. The team must pay $2,000 a day if the sculpture isn’t up by Jan. 1, 2020.

Bowers said the plan is to dismantle the sculpture as quickly as possible. The team needs the space cleared to get construction started on the new spectator area in order for it to be open for the start of the season next spring. Homer’s debut in its new open-air home will take longer.

“I think we’d be hard-pressed to get it there by Opening Day,” he said.

Well, there's currently nowhere to put it - they'll have to remove landscaping and build all the supports/foundations for it, so that makes sense, but I can't see it taking THAT long.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, there's currently nowhere to put it - they'll have to remove landscaping and build all the supports/foundations for it, so that makes sense, but I can't see it taking THAT long.

I think they know they can't have it up by Opening Day 2019 so instead of having a blocked off construction area that would be ugly and distracting and in the way of the ballpark experience next season they'll just hold off all that work until next offseason. Expect them to work on this beginning next October and then the entire area can be completed by Opening Day 2020. It makes sense that way. 

3 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Change those ugly lime green walls, Jeter! 

Black with a teal hr line would look sharp.

24 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Black with a teal hr line would look sharp.

What about Blue with that new red color as the hr line?

---

I just worry the black will be very dark....but then again, the uni's may be all black.  And that blue would definitely pop.

Hopefully it doesn't look like citi field did when they had the black walls.

• Like 1

OR!  Holy crap....

What if THESE ARE the wall graphics.........all the way across or maybe just one every so often.  Highlighting the different cities.  It promotes and gives that neon look to it.  The way they used to do in Atlanta and other places with player faces.

image.thumb.png.45acc01914809e494393b9b065a96016.pngimage.thumb.png.a0f4d7c49313f714f84d597ffff477da.png

• Like 5