Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

14 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

Since September 

Wait.  Are you guys telling me I can get inside now by just buying a ticket?

32 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Only if you're a fake fan

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Some people can. You don’t HAVE to 

973388.jpg

Just pointing out how great the huge logo on top of the CF zone looks especially with the windows open and the sky behind it, a million times better at night too. I wonder if they knew it was gonna look this good because it feels like an amazing accident... (couldn't find a pic of the night version but it's been very noticeable on tv, if anyone finds a shot please post it)

image.png

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Just pointing out how great the huge logo on top of the CF zone looks especially with the windows open and the sky behind it, a million times better at night too. I wonder if they knew it was gonna look this good because it feels like an amazing accident... (couldn't find a pic of the night version but it's been very noticeable on tv, if anyone finds a shot please post it)

image.png

They really did an awesome job.

41 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

image.png

Honestly, I thought that was a video game screenshot at first.

Ok everyone.  I'm finally getting around to my update/thoughts/photos on the park renovations.  Sorry there are a lot of images here, but I wanted to give those REAL fans that haven't been a look at the updated park.

Entering the park - the new fences around the park seem very imposing and unfriendly.  They also block off what was supposed to be the area for the home run sculpture next year, which I find interesting and perhaps telling?  They finally put banners up on the parking garages, and you can also see the new fences:

pGxbDsd.jpg

Coming into the home plate entrance area, they put some nice looking mural type things.

88pxjHM.jpg

I thought this was neat - in the windows, they put each player and where they're from.

a9tNfVQ.jpg

The area behind home plate and the info booth (now the Marlins Member "headquarters" or something to that effect) is now just completely empty.  There used to be a few concession stands here that had been closed since early in the new park the concessions were removed so now it's just open and you can go look out the window if you want.

HUFpheF.jpg

My fears from FanFest in regards to the concession appearance were allayed - at FanFest they were unpainted (just white) and had no customization - they just weren't finished yet.  Now each stand had its own look, and it turned out nicely.

LgQfaCl.jpg

Before deciding on what to eat, I circled the park several times checking all the options out.  Aside from the two 3o5 places, food pricing is roughly the same as before, but the food options/quality looked better.  The food looked more appetizing than before.  I wound up going to "La Pepa" and got a "spanish flavored/inspired" (something along those lines) pulled pork sandwich:

AagNWvn.jpg

It was good, though could've used more meat.

The Bobblehead museum is now in the outfield/center field near the Billy's Kid Zone.

uj2fV2i.jpg

To emphasize the park renovations are not completed (or promote the "cheap Jeter" narrative, you can see in (closed) the upper deck that concessions up there have not been renovated.  I can't comment on the second deck, but since it's open, I'd guess they redid the concessions on that level?  Although they didn't mention it in anything I've seen.

70maOuT.jpg

---

They put picnic benches in the outfield concourse:

jqHh1Oq.jpg

I'll continue in the next post.

• Like 5

Continuing on, now getting to the main changes.  I got an SRO ticket to the "Estrella Jalisco Party Pass" - this gives you access to the right field zone and the center field thing.  They'll give you a wrist band if you want so you don't have to pull out your ticket every time (the RF zone they didn't check tickets, the CF area they did).  It was actually a nice wrist band - a fabric one with a little plastic tab with the logo on it.

General views of the park:

4xUpWP7.jpg

iK7GGVW.jpg

WTlB3HZ.jpg

The RF sightline was actually pretty good - part of it is not under the second deck, and that's where I started out - it was nice not having something above you, especially with the roof open.  They did include monitors showing the game on the second tier just above the RF SRO area, which was a nice touch

5HJDqnj.jpg

Here's a view from the CF zone.  Also to note - the "second level" of it is just that tier right above the "Proud Partners" area - so it's like 5 steps down from the other row, not really anything special.  The area above that is open to everyone, and below that is a sizable area for groups that also has two tiers to it:

1sciluE.jpg

Here's the expanded Budweiser Bar:

YbUWAvb.jpg

And the uppermost tier (open to everyone) of the AutoNation Alley.  They put a bar with a few alcoholic drink options:

Y83ZbNM.jpg

The view of the SRO ticket area - as you can see it's only a few steps below the "regular" concourse

IZNcaAV.jpg

The batters eye.  I thought the real bushes on the lower part looked better than the fake ivy, but it looks good overall

2nRBuyT.jpg

Lastly, the left field auxiliary video board is now completely useless.  They cycle through a few random statistics of the pitcher (like ERA with 2 outs or something like that), and shows nothing else that the main video board shows (the main board too now shows a fraction of the info it used to).

mDsZSM5.jpg

A few final thoughts:

-Interestingly, they did not put any speakers in the CF zone, and it's oddly quiet out there.  You can obviously still hear the PA announcer from across the park, but no direct sound near you, which is odd.  Conversely, in the other area, it was a tad loud.

-The band was near the bullpen right near the RF zone - they weren't annoyingly loud where I was, but they put them in the front row, they stand the whole time and I'd hate to have to sit behind/near them the whole game.

-I got tired of standing after a while, I went and sat in the home run porch for a while for something different.  I could've sat in front of the RF zone, but didn't.

-I saw Chip Bowers on the concourse at the end of the game - I should've gone and talked to him, but didn't.

---

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer, I'm sure there are things I'm not thinking of right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Continuing on, now getting to the main changes.  I got an SRO ticket to the "Estrella Jalisco Party Pass" - this gives you access to the right field zone and the center field thing.  They'll give you a wrist band if you want so you don't have to pull out your ticket every time (the RF zone they didn't check tickets, the CF area they did).  It was actually a nice wrist band - a fabric one with a little plastic tab with the logo on it.

General views of the park:

4xUpWP7.jpg

iK7GGVW.jpg

WTlB3HZ.jpg

The RF sightline was actually pretty good - part of it is not under the second deck, and that's where I started out - it was nice not having something above you, especially with the roof open.  They did include monitors showing the game on the second tier just above the RF SRO area, which was a nice touch

5HJDqnj.jpg

Here's a view from the CF zone.  Also to note - the "second level" of it is just that tier right above the "Proud Partners" area - so it's like 5 steps down from the other row, not really anything special.  The area above that is open to everyone, and below that is a sizable area for groups that also has two tiers to it:

1sciluE.jpg

Here's the expanded Budweiser Bar:

YbUWAvb.jpg

And the uppermost tier (open to everyone) of the AutoNation Alley.  They put a bar with a few alcoholic drink options:

Y83ZbNM.jpg

The view of the SRO ticket area - as you can see it's only a few steps below the "regular" concourse

IZNcaAV.jpg

The batters eye.  I thought the real bushes on the lower part looked better than the fake ivy, but it looks good overall

2nRBuyT.jpg

Lastly, the left field auxiliary video board is now completely useless.  They cycle through a few random statistics of the pitcher (like ERA with 2 outs or something like that), and shows nothing else that the main video board shows (the main board too now shows a fraction of the info it used to).

mDsZSM5.jpg

A few final thoughts:

-Interestingly, they did not put any speakers in the CF zone, and it's oddly quiet out there.  You can obviously still hear the PA announcer from across the park, but no direct sound near you, which is odd.  Conversely, in the other area, it was a tad loud.

-The band was near the bullpen right near the RF zone - they weren't annoyingly loud where I was, but they put them in the front row, they stand the whole time and I'd hate to have to sit behind/near them the whole game.

-I got tired of standing after a while, I went and sat in the home run porch for a while for something different.  I could've sat in front of the RF zone, but didn't.

-I saw Chip Bowers on the concourse at the end of the game - I should've gone and talked to him, but didn't.

---

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer, I'm sure there are things I'm not thinking of right now.

Greatest Stalker ever!!!! Awesome post bro, good work!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

Greatest Stalker ever!!!! Awesome post bro, good work!

Haha, I try!