Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

@rmc523 farming double likes by making it two posts. Clever!

Thanks for sharing, awesome stuff.

Shhhhhhh, that's my specialty! 

35 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Vote up on the first one and vote him down on the second because too many Phillies bangwagoners in his pictures

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

You caught on!

Haha.  Nah, a while back I think I had a post with a lot of pictures, and I think it told me I had too many in a single post, so I just divided it up this time.

Anybody have any questions?

Oh, I did forget to mention - the taste of Miami area is still blocked off as if it never existed (though I did always feel it was odd how it was like off in a corner hidden away)

Got there early yesterday and walked the concourse twice... loving how great everything looks.

A couple of observations...

The expanded netting, wow, didn't realize it is now basically from foul pole to foul pole, only ending where the corner outfield walls get super high. I'm all for it because of the safety factor but it sure is jarring when you first notice it as it looks like the field is enclosed in a cage. Unless you're in outfield seats no matter where you're sitting you will be looking through the net. You get used to it of course. 

The grounds crew uses Miami blue shirts and they looked better on the field than the Marlins in their black jerseys lol. I wasn't sitting far and I couldn't see any player names and could only sometimes make out the numbers. To hell with those black jerseys. The team store has several modifications that look way better, the womens shirt jerseys have light blue numbers and white names, huge difference. And several black shirts and jackets had the black logos with the white outlines, massive upgrades there. They also had most of those custom caps with more blue.

$25 for parking is ridiculous. $20 should be the limit which is high but an ATM gives you cash in 20's so there's something more satisfying when you only have to use one 20 to pay for something. Anything more than that you're looking to just piss people off. I just paid $10 of course for where I parked and I felt like I won the lotto because I saved more than I paid which is crazy in itself. 

3o5 menu is definitely smaller stuff and it can be nice if you really just want a small hot dog and a small pretzel but there is a point where it's just an illusion. Like my kid and I both like pretzels, I usually buy one and split it with him... I went to get a pretzel and they're 3 dollars but smaller so I bought 2... I still spent the same as I did last year on a pretzel. 

Bubble waffle ice cream sundae is amazing! 

I eyed down Kelly Saco and she smiled at me... she bubbles my waffle... be jealous guys. 

That outfield huge logo above the CF Zone is so beautiful with the windows open at night, I didn't realize until yesterday that it actually lights up but I'm not its lit at all times...

20190420_213108.jpg20190420_201901.jpg

I like the Pachanga band because they know what they're doing and they are the sound that the ballpark needs. They should just make them permanent and do away with allowing random fans to bring instruments since it's either a clash of bands or the random fans don't know how to play right anyways. The concept of Comunidad 305 is solid but I think they'd be best limiting it to their own hired music. Maybe even expand it to two bands if they wanna grow it? 

And I know we don't always play as good as we did last night but the crowd had a blast and the atmosphere was great. A great ballpark with a fun and competitive team will make a difference down here, you don't need to be a super Marlins fan to go to a game like last night and just have a fun time and get that desire to go back. Just convince people that they have a chance to see a fun ballgame any day that they go and you'll start changing the perception. Reminding them that it's in a beautiful ballpark with affordable pricing options available will only help.

@Piazza31 asked about this and I didn't look thoroughly but it looked like the Stanton HR markers on the floor have been replaced with blank plates. Here's the one I found...

20190420_173534.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

@Piazza31 asked about this and I didn't look thoroughly but it looked like the Stanton HR markers on the floor have been replaced with blank plates. Here's the one I found...

That's unfortunate, but I get it.

• Like 1

If they were gonna put blank plates why not just fill the gaps with concrete so it matches the rest of the floor? Leaving the blank plate reminds people what was there. Better to erase the memory completely than to leave a reminder of it behind. 

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

If they were gonna put blank plates why not just fill the gaps with concrete so it matches the rest of the floor? Leaving the blank plate reminds people what was there. Better to erase the memory completely than to leave a reminder of it behind. 

Maybe that'll be part of the next renovation phase this coming off-season? IDK.

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Maybe that'll be part of the next renovation phase this coming off-season? IDK.

Sounds pricey.