Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Marlins Park Renovation Updates

27 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Or Black with that new shade of blue line ??

Fair enough! I think we're on the same page.

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

What about Blue with that new red color as the hr line?

---

I just worry the black will be very dark....but then again, the uni's may be all black.  And that blue would definitely pop.

Hopefully it doesn't look like citi field did when they had the black walls.

Really?  I liked the Citi Field look, aside from there being Mets shit everywhere.

• Laugh 1

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

OR!  Holy crap....

What if THESE ARE the wall graphics.........all the way across or maybe just one every so often.  Highlighting the different cities.  It promotes and gives that neon look to it.  The way they used to do in Atlanta and other places with player faces.

image.thumb.png.45acc01914809e494393b9b065a96016.pngimage.thumb.png.a0f4d7c49313f714f84d597ffff477da.png

I actually think that's a great idea if it's done right.

Atlanta has had graphics on their wall for as long as I can remember, and it's always been tasteful.

3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Really?  I liked the Citi Field look, aside from there being Mets shit everywhere.

It's just too dark.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Black walls would create too much darkness. Blue walls like the WBC or the lighter shade.

This.

1 minute ago, cyoung said:

I actually think that's a great idea if it's done right.

Atlanta has had graphics on their wall for as long as I can remember, and it's always been tasteful.

Yeah, my initial all the way across idea is probably too much, especially considering advertising which I didn't think of at first.  But they could definitely choose a few spots and put one or two of these......hmm.  I just realized most of the outfield is fencing though, and the only really visible part (no advertising) is in center field.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Atlanta has had graphics on their wall for as long as I can remember, and it's always been tasteful

You were able to lick the walls yourself or someone else told you they were tasteful?

• Laugh 1

I never noticed this quote until today but Chip Bowers specifically made a point of how the home run sculpture was created by a personal friend of Loria's. They reallllllyyyyy wanna distance themselves from Loria. They probably even changed the handle on the door to Loria's office.

“I understand the sensitivities of artists,” Bowers said. “That said, the artist was a friend of the prior owner’s. Who [submitted the “Homer” proposal] because the prior owner asked him to. He had bought a lot of art from him previously, and continues to do so today.

“The art itself is meant to reflect Miami, but in Mr. Grooms’ own words, is actually based on Daytona, Florida,” Bowers said. “So when we think about Miami, this would not be authentically Miami. Albeit beautiful ....”

25 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

OR!  Holy crap....

What if THESE ARE the wall graphics.........all the way across or maybe just one every so often.  Highlighting the different cities.  It promotes and gives that neon look to it.  The way they used to do in Atlanta and other places with player faces.

image.thumb.png.45acc01914809e494393b9b065a96016.pngimage.thumb.png.a0f4d7c49313f714f84d597ffff477da.png

Does Broward get any love?

8 minutes ago, CoastieMike said:

Does Broward get any love?

Actually no they don't. Broward is welcome to come to Marlins Park but the new ownership feels the previous ownership catered too much to the fans further north and neglected "Miami" itself so their entire goal now is to embrace Miami 200%.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Actually no they don't. Broward is welcome to come to Marlins Park but the new ownership feels the previous ownership catered too much to the fans further north and neglected "Miami" itself so their entire goal now is to embrace Miami 200%.

But when most of the fans come from the north..... it'd be best to embrace the surrounding areas, it may seem minuscule, but you have to appease all areas, not just one specific. Especially when you have 2 other counties less than an hour or two away.