• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

SilverBullet

Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

Posted (edited)

The fitment of the hats are definitely off. Thank goodness I went to the Lids store instead to purchase mine. I had to go a size bigger. Wish they would have gone with the same type of fitment as they did with the 25th Anniversary hats which fit me perfect.

Also just purchased a Lewis Brinston shirt off MLB shop with a gift card I had left over, everything else was out of stock in size Large. They should have a Brian Anderson shirt.

Edited by CYmarlins (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

just purchased a Lewis Brinston shirt off MLB shop

The i without an outline was bad enough, now they spell Brinson wrong?

• Like 1

From what I hear with hats, in general, is that they are made more cheaply and with less quality control, thus the sizing is often off from one hat to another.

Product of our society.  Buying a fitted hat in person is probably the wiser route in general.  You might get that hat thats sized as a 7 1/4 and is really a 7 1/8 because of poor QC.

Got one of the new 59fiftys for Christmas, it's a 7 1/2 like I always wear. It fits perfectly. I tried on other sizes as well and they all seemed pretty true: 7 3/8 was cutting off my brain circulation and 7 5/8 looked like a dumbo hat. The crown is a bit higher than I would prefer and I presume that's because it was made in China, I couldn't find one that was made in USA. In fact I've checked MLBshop, Lids and various fanatics sites and I'm not sure a USA-made 59fifty can be found anywhere. But all in all I'm very satisfied with the new hat.

I've never bought a low crown 5950 but the seemingly larger than normal crown on my new cap is making me wanna try a low crown on my next cap. 

19 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I've never bought a low crown 5950 but the seemingly larger than normal crown on my new cap is making me wanna try a low crown on my next cap. 

that hat is stupidly bad, sand paper material and helmet crown, makes you feel like this dude and start yelling : Ice Cold Beeer Heere

05270721crop1.jpg?w=830

22 hours ago, CYmarlins said:

The fitment of the hats are definitely off. Thank goodness I went to the Lids store instead to purchase mine. I had to go a size bigger. Wish they would have gone with the same type of fitment as they did with the 25th Anniversary hats which fit me perfect.

Also just purchased a Lewis Brinston shirt off MLB shop with a gift card I had left over, everything else was out of stock in size Large. They should have a Brian Anderson shirt.

They have Anderson shirts at the team store at the park.  In blue, white and black (maybe gray too, don't remember).  I got a blue one.  There's a lot bigger selection of all sorts of merchandise at the team store than online.  They have a ton of different polos, tshirts, hats (all pink, all gray), "novelty" tshirts, mugs, etc. at the store that aren't listed online.  And they've even gotten a larger variety in the last week or two.  I didn't like any of the polos they had the day they did the new logo (they were like black or dark gray with stripes, which made the small left chest logo completely illegible - it was bad), but went back right before Christmas and they had new white and blue polos that looked great.

18 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

that hat is stupidly bad, sand paper material and helmet crown, makes you feel like this dude and start yelling : Ice Cold Beeer Heere

05270721crop1.jpg?w=830

Ha!  I remember that guy.

The Fanatics store at Dolphin Mall is doing personalization for $45. Fair discount from the $60 at the ballpark.