• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

SilverBullet

Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The Fanatics store at Dolphin Mall is doing personalization for $45. Fair discount from the $60 at the ballpark. 

Hmm.  Does it have a red drop shadow?

haha, I know, wrong company.

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hmm.  Does it have a red drop shadow?

haha, I know, wrong company.

Lol.

I didn't see the letters or numbers but I was wearing my jersey when I walked in just browsing and the guy told me if I wanted to customize mine that they got in the "authentic letters and numbers"... I don't plan on personalizing mine yet but because of this thread I thought to ask him the price and was glad to hear it was less than $60. 

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Should put "player" "0" on it.

Just like every fan in the stands in MLB the Show games.

Saw this at Lids today, will probably pick it up one day but hopefully this is a precursor to an on field cap one day. 

Screenshot_20190102-222742_Bleacher Report.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Saw this at Lids today, will probably pick it up one day but hopefully this is a precursor to an on field cap one day. 

That looks great!  I'd love to see that in a 59Fifty.  That should definitely be an on-field option.

11 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

They also have all pink and all gray ones, so I don't think it's a precursor to anything.

That said, I'd love to see a blue cap.

1 minute ago, AeroFishOne said:

See that logo has a white outline. They need to do that on the black to give separation 

Yeah I think this will end up happening in a year or two.

While the white outline against the black seems like a good idea to us I can't see them going that route.

That white outline on the blue is there because there are parts of the logo (the fish, the right side of the M) that are blue on the edge so they would blend in with the blue background so the white outline is needed. This is why the blue jersey also has white outlines. On a black background there is no black edges that would blend in so the white outline would be unnecessary. And most importantly the white outline would kill the effect they're aiming for and that being the look of bright lights at night. There's a certain element of darkness that they want and the white outline would kill that. Look at how the black jersey numbers lettering and wordmarks look, there's a reason they didn't go for more contrast... don't count on them changing that. 

• Like 1