SilverBullet

Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

So, after calling and speaking directly to an agent, she confirmed they are out of stock, and the order was cancelled (even though it doesn't say anything about that on the site when I check my order status).  She said I could try reordering when it's in stock.  I asked how I'd know since it currently shows as available and will let me order right now.  She had no answer.  When asked about them honoring the sale price (as it was the only motivation for me to order through Lids) she said to order, call them, and if they could verify that it had been that price at some point, they'd honor it.  Not holding my breath on that one.

What a crap show.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

What a tease.

Building suspense just like Jeter did.

I'll be revealing the outcome tonight or tomorrow.  But I won't tell you when.  It'll just be a surprise at a random time.

And I'll only reveal half of the promised reveal at first.  And do the full reveal hours later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CardsFan79 said:

So, after calling and speaking directly to an agent, she confirmed they are out of stock, and the order was cancelled (even though it doesn't say anything about that on the site when I check my order status).  She said I could try reordering when it's in stock.  I asked how I'd know since it currently shows as available and will let me order right now.  She had no answer.  When asked about them honoring the sale price (as it was the only motivation for me to order through Lids) she said to order, call them, and if they could verify that it had been that price at some point, they'd honor it.  Not holding my breath on that one.

What a crap show.

The fact they are still selling it like it is available makes this seem like a pretty clear move to avoid the promo. I bet if you order one online right now without a coupon, they just will hold the order until they have a jersey or they'll ship it.

Sure, they MAY give it to you if you call in and ask, but they are banking on the fact most people will not do that. 

5 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

What a crap show.

What I don't understand is why is the order cancelled just because they're out of stock?  Why doesn't it just sit in "holding" until they do get more in stock, and then ship it out?  They'd just force the customer to have to keep looking until it's "in stock", when it currently says nothing about it being out of stock (you said it's technically available on the site now)?

I'd understand not taking NEW orders until they're back in stock, but ones that have already been ordered?

Stupid.

Just now, rmc523 said:

What I don't understand is why is the order cancelled just because they're out of stock?  Why does it just sit in "holding" until they do get more in stock, and then ship it out?  They'd just force the customer to have to keep looking until it's "in stock", when it currently says nothing about it being out of stock (you said it's technically available on the site now)?

I'd understand not taking NEW orders until they're back in stock, but ones that have already been ordered?

Stupid.

Cause it is a clear move to avoid the promotion. If it was an item paid for in full, I am 99% sure they would just hold it and wait because they've done it with other items in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

The fact they are still selling it like it is available makes this seem like a pretty clear move to avoid the promo. I bet if you order one online right now without a coupon, they just will hold the order until they have a jersey or they'll ship it.

Sure, they MAY give it to you if you call in and ask, but they are banking on the fact most people will not do that. 

I believe it is a way to avoid the discount as well.  Funny thing is, they have a promo code today only that gives a 30% discount.  I suppose I could give it a try since they never charged me for the first attempt.  It's also a pretty safe bet that most will not try again knowing that they've provided the worst customer service imaginable.  Not even an email.  Jerks.

Just now, CardsFan79 said:

I believe it is a way to avoid the discount as well.  Funny thing is, they have a promo code today only that gives a 30% discount.  I suppose I could give it a try since they never charged me for the first attempt.  It's also a pretty safe bet that most will not try again knowing that they've provided the worst customer service imaginable.  Not even an email.  Jerks.

What makes less sense is they shipped the one jersey though right?  So why was THAT one ok with the discount, but no the other?

Just now, rmc523 said:

What makes less sense is they shipped the one jersey though right?  So why was THAT one ok with the discount, but no the other?

Maybe the other one really is out of stock and it gives them a way out of the discount. Though again they normally would just place the order on hold. Who knows.

Just now, rmc523 said:

Sorry, I may have been unclear.  My order was for a cap and a jersey.  The cap arrived, it was the jersey that was cancelled.

Just now, CardsFan79 said:

Sorry, I may have been unclear.  My order was for a cap and a jersey.  The cap arrived, it was the jersey that was cancelled.

Much smaller discount on the hat obviously. I didn't even know the hats were ever on sale, or did you pay full price for that? $35 off the jersey.