SilverBullet

Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

16 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

Not that anyone asked, but in case anyone has wondered why a Cardinals fan is on a Marlins board, I've always had a soft spot for the Marlins.  They were one of the first teams added to the league in my lifetime.  I always loved teal.  I've attended many ST games in Jupiter and had many conversations with Marlins fans, who have always been terrific.  My in-laws live in Ft. Lauderdale 8 months out of the year, and when ST ended before I could get there, I've been able to go to Miami for a game.  

Add all that to the fact I'm a nerd for uniform updates/rebrands, I found this site when looking for info on the Marlins rebrand.  Then I noticed some of the same people from the Creamer boards were here as well, I've stuck around.  Thanks for putting up with this Cardinals fan!

Welcome aboard... I love fans like you who are fans of another team but are open to other teams and fanbases within reason. It's refreshing because sadly it isn't the norm. (I once sat in front of a Cubs fan at Marlins Park who was so thirsty but said she refused to buy a soft drink because it came in a Marlins cup... people like that... ugh)

Also nice to hear how you came from the creamer boards as I was probably the one who exposed that board to this one.

You're also the first Cardinals fan to be a member here who isn't an a-hole.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Welcome aboard... I love fans like you who are fans of another team but are open to other teams and fanbases within reason. It's refreshing because sadly it isn't the norm. (I once sat in front of a Cubs fan at Marlins Park who was so thirsty but said she refused to buy a soft drink because it came in a Marlins cup... people like that... ugh)

Also nice to hear how you came from the creamer boards as I was probably the one who exposed that board to this one.

Thanks.  I can root for other teams (when they're not playing the Cards..lol). To quote my dad, "I have 2 favorite teams, the Cardinals and whoever is playing the Cubs."  But honestly, even the Cubs rivalry has always been in good fun.  I hate that there are other Cardinals fans out there that come across as a-holes.  Most of us aren't.  I really only see them online, although I'm sure there are more out there.  Personally, I enjoy collecting cups from other teams when I visit a ballpark.  I have cups from Kansas City, San Francisco, Chicago White Sox and of course, Miami.  Still have my St. Louis/Miami cups from Spring Training as well.

I just love baseball and talking with other fans, regardless of who they root for. There's enough stress in everyday life.  Baseball is my happy place.  I like to keep it that way.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Did you tell her the smaller drink comes in a generic "Pepsi" paper cup?

Are there really people like that?  That's crazy.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

She could have been exaggerating about the cup but she spent the whole game complaining about the Marlins even though she (presumably) spent money to buy Marlins tickets so all her complaining is moot unless she got in for free, she still paid the team money. She wouldn't be caught dead drinking out of a cup with a Marlins logo but she'll buy tickets to sit in Marlins Park.

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

There are some very odd people out there.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

So my replacement shirt came, but I haven't had a chance to open it yet to see if it's also missing the red drop shadow on the second "i".

Just got my replacement T shirt.  No missing I dot. However the red drop shadow is still missing.  It’s ridiculous.  Where are my Colores?

• Laugh 1

5 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Where are my Colores?

Epic! You should send them an email asking that lol

10 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Just got my replacement T shirt.  No missing I dot. However the red drop shadow is still missing.  It’s ridiculous.  Where are my Colores?

You keeping it?

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

You keeping it?

Yea.  I don’t have the time or patience for that error.  The i was very noticeable but this i can live with.  So if you see a guy walking around Marlins Park with a missing drop shadow maybe it’s me