SilverBullet

Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

53 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

Mets jumped on the "let's add black bandwagon" and I agree with @SilverBullet didn't look good on them, the all black hats was a step closer to the old NY Giants since they weren't creative enough to have a new logo. But maybe MLB insist them to use the old NY logo like they interfered with the curvy W to the Nationals

Black didn't look good for the Mets, Royals, A;s and Rangers, Reds are meh 

It fit better for the Reds because they only used mostly red so black was more like a second color, all those other teams already had two good colors and the black became the third wheel so to speak, it just gets shoe horned in and just doesn't work as well.

So this is clearly edited for social media but look how it makes the letters and numbers contrast better off the black jersey. Big difference. They need to aim for this clarity whenever they tweak the black uniforms. 

Screenshot_20190419-171304_Instagram.jpg

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

So this is clearly edited for social media but look how it makes the letters and numbers contrast better off the black jersey. Big difference. They need to aim for this clarity whenever they tweak the black uniforms. 

Drop shadows aren’t my favorite.  I wonder if they’d ever consider just doing a blue outline without the red.