SilverBullet

Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

1 minute ago, AeroFishOne said:

Also heard on another podcast from Chip bowers that we will see some 6:10 start times. Thought that was interesting, not uni related.

Not 3:05 sunday games?

I am really bummed that the blue jersey is apparently for BP. Maybe that employee misspoke and it will be like @Piazza31 mentioned. A BP jersey they also wear sometimes in-game.

So I just listened to the podcast with Elisa Padilla, the senior VP of marketing and community relations.  Here are a few things she said:

-worked with MLB

-MLB did a color study on how to contemporize the look and feel of the team

-MLB showed Marlins color concepts and they chose these

-"Calle ocho en esquina caliente - "warm colors"  Blue - very Miami, - red - hot red, colors are vibrant on the black

-"electric energy"

-new Marlin is "more athletic and powerful"

-M script inspired by Latin American design and letters

-"we live in these colors every day" in Miami

-Font - came from research MLB did before presenting concepts

-Artwork - wanted to be in every part of the community, artists didn't see the logo beforehand

-Uniforms move us from a performance brand to a lifestyle brand that they hope people will think is "so cool, you'll wear it out anyway"

---

-There's an announcement monday at Tropical park - part of a big initiative for the team........given she's the president of marketing and community relations, I think it's at the park I mentioned as a sort of community outreach, and nothing to do with Marlins Park - otherwise they'd have removed the sign altogether if something were close.

-----

According to what she said, it sounds like MLB did all the work and the Marlins just chose from a few concepts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I am really bummed that the blue jersey is apparently for BP. Maybe that employee misspoke and it will be like @Piazza31 mentioned. A BP jersey they also wear sometimes in-game.

She did not specifically list out which is which, but it's the one that doesn't fit with the others, so it's assumed the blue is BP.

It doesn't look like the typical BP one though, which usually has the different color armpits and whatnot.

----

Also, we still have to see the revamped Billy!

Just now, rmc523 said:

Also, we still have to see the revamped Billy!

Probably will reveal it on March 5th for the 305 vibe.

You know, when the Dolphins did their rebrand five years ago a lot of their internal ideas didn't translate well to the field an TV.  You can't know this till you roll it out.  Unfortunately for them the NFL requires a five year waiting period to do anything about it.  I suspect that the Marlins will see what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly maybe this takes two years but not five.

That black jersey doesn't work well in the picture of CJ.