• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Pedro

Free Agent To Take a Risk On?

I'd take a look and chance with Dixon Machado and Jace Peterson.

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'd take a look and chance with Dixon Machado and Jace Peterson. 

damn boi them some deep cuts

the drop off after JT and Grandal is basically who gives a shit just throw anyone behind the plate

Manny Machado and Jon Jay.

Machado can be the Marlins Jayson Werth if he really fucked up his market this postseason with his "Antics" and if he's going to be poorly paid compared to what he could have got, he might as well do it income tax free and back at home s Mr. Miami.

Jon Jay since he's Mr. 305, and a flyer in the OF wouldn't be terrible. He can probably learn to play 1B in a pinch too.

I don’t think Machado cost himself that much money.  He’s an elite player.  For teams willing to spend on an elite infielder there aren’t comparable options on the market this year. If he was slightly above league average then yes I would agree his postseason hurt his future earnings because there would be more similar alternatives for teams to sign.  But in his case I don’t see those alternatives on that side of the infield