10/8 Braves @ Marlins - NLDS Game 3

Michael

6 minutes ago, Entendu said:

No hitting. When a 1 run deficit is insurmountable, I don't care if you're a back to back Cy Young winner, you'll most likely try to do too much.

Our bats have let our pitching down all postseason long. 

I’m with you brotha. 

• Like 1

Would have liked to not get swept for pride and to kinda deflect all the "they got swept because they didn't deserve this" bullshit that we're about to hear but I'm not very upset about this. Would have also liked a couple of wins to kinda show off what we can do on a bigger stage, like say a big game for Andy or a lights out Sixto start. To get swept in this round will deceive people into thinking we weren't very good at all. 

But we've overachieved and tbh I've been prepared for a crash and burn for a while now so to get this far is more than I would have ever expected for this season not too long ago.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

What a season! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZfromCIS said:

Everybody not named Marte, Miggy Ro, Anderson, and Dickerson does not have a safe job.

I don't see how you can get rid of Cooper or Aguilar. I'd rather trade Dickerson and give one of our younger guys a look all year in the OF. Dickerson isn't part of the future, while Aguilar and Cooper figure to be with us for 3+ years

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Would have liked to not get swept for pride and to kinda deflect all the "they got swept because they didn't deserve this" bullshit that we're about to hear but I'm not very upset about this. Would have also liked a couple of wins to kinda show off what we can do on a bigger stage, like say a big game for Andy or a lights out Sixto start. To get swept in this round will deceive people into thinking we weren't very good at all. 

But we've overachieved and tbh I've been prepared for a crash and burn for a while now so to get this far is more than I would have ever expected for this season not too long ago.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

What a season! 

Anybody but the Fucking Braves though. That’s what makes it suck the hardest

Just now, Entendu said:

I don't see how you can get rid of Cooper or Aguilar. I'd rather trade Dickerson and give one of our younger guys a look all year in the OF. Dickerson isn't part of the future, while Aguilar and Cooper figure to be with us for 3+ years

Cooper has a limited ceiling and Aguilar is 30. They’re staying but Aguilars role is dropping to a platooning role between DH and 1st with Dickerson. We need to hit and take advantage of our pitching while we still have ball club control. We’re not going to be able to pay all of them and we won’t pay any of them if we’re not winning.

1 minute ago, Entendu said:

I've been saying on here for a few weeks now..

Trade Dickerson for All Star Level Relief Pitcher(s).

Move Rojas to third, Jazz to SS, Berti to 2B, Aguilar/Cooper to 1B.

Move Brian Anderson to RF.

Have:

1B - Aguilar/Cooper

2B - Berti

SS - Jazz

3B - Rojas

LF - Brinson

CF - Marte

RF - BA

😂

1 minute ago, ZfromCIS said:

Cooper has a limited ceiling and Aguilar is 30. They’re staying but Aguilars role is dropping to a platooning role between DH and 1st with Dickerson. We need to hit and take advantage of our pitching while we still have ball club control. We’re not going to be able to pay all of them and we won’t pay any of them if we’re not winning.

Dickerson's 31 and his contract expires next year. For what it's worth, I think he'll bounce back next year.

But we'll have Aguilar for his 31 and 32 year seasons, which I think could be prime years for him. It's tough because we've got a lot of young guys who need a year or two to figure it out and we're in a position where the team made the playoffs but certainly won't again with this same lineup/roster. It's almost like taking a leap of faith and cutting some of these guys and betting on your younger ones.