• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Rule 5 pick Julian Fernandez claimed from Giants

1 minute ago, AeroFishOne said:

Wasn’t Dan Uggla a rule 5 pick for us? I could be wrong.  I know he didn’t shatter the world but he was pretty good for us for a few years anyway.

yeah sometimes they end up great and meaningful, usually they don't. Roberto Clemente was also Rule 5.

Yeah didn’t want to insinuate that he was great but those few years were pretty good. I have fond memories of the 2009 season and really the next two as well. That’s when I started watching the Marlins in earnest. They were a fun team to watch. 

Just now, AeroFishOne said:

Yeah didn’t want to insinuate that he was great but those few years were pretty good. I have fond memories of the 2009 season and really the next two as well. That’s when I started watching the Marlins in earnest. They were a fun team to watch. 

I loved that group.

2 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Wasn’t Dan Uggla a rule 5 pick for us? I could be wrong.  I know he didn’t shatter the world but he was pretty good for us for a few years anyway.

Yes he was. Picks like that are beautiful but that's a rarity. 

4 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Dan Uggla was phenomenal for us by any measure let alone a rule 5 pick.  Those hanley and uggla teams had such solid hitting we were just continually let down year after year because Loria refused to invest in depth and our pitching was horrendous.  

I really thought we had something special with Coghlan that year too. Shame he didn’t turn out. What could have been. Especially if we had gotten some decent pitching.

2 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

I really thought we had something special with Coghlan that year too. Shame he didn’t turn out. What could have been. Especially if we had gotten some decent pitching.

Coghlan his rookie year as well as Hermida the 2nd half of 2007 and Maybin for those last few games of 07 i believe were pretty huge teases.