Sign in to follow this  
Ema2R

Nick Anderson acquired, Dietrich DFA'd

2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I find it hard to believe no one was interested in trading for him this year, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say no trade opportunities came up. However, if they had a chance to trade him for a pack of peanuts last year and they didn't knowing they'd DFA him, that's freaking ridiculous. He's an actual MLB starter. Not elite, but a starter

That’s debatable.  He had starters PA for three years because of things like Gordon PEDs Prado injuries and last year selloffs. He’s not starting for a playoff team 

7 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

According to the Twins press release Schales is being assigned to Triple-A, which is kinda weird because he's still Rule 5 eligible. They must not think anyone will take him.

Am I the only one that doesn't understand DFA'ing Dietrich?   I mean he's going to make what?  $4.2M?  Come on......it's not as if he's a black hole out there - he's one of the few somewhat productive guys we have.  There are several other guys you can dump who do nothing.

I think the dietrich thing is surprising, but after seeing the moves today it seems clear that Denbo is now in charge after giving a year of holdovers from the previous regime a chance to make an impression. You'd think dietrich would get something, but after looking at the market for 1b/corner OF, this seems to be the theme for guys even better than Dietrich (Cron, Bour, among many others at that position this year as well as last year).

I hope we use these savings for JT, Dietrich, and eventually Straily, to sign some veteran bats to fill the lineup for at least half the year until Diaz, Harrison, Victor Victor, etc are ready and we can possibly flip some of them at the deadline for another interesting piece.

I'm kinda surprised at this move.  I would've thought he had some sort of value.  He's not a top-tier player by any means, but he's serviceable,  and he's a utility, which is always nice to have.

I know they still have the opportunity to trade him - being arbitration eligible,  I wonder what his projected salary would've been???

2 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I'm kinda surprised at this move.  I would've thought he had some sort of value.  He's not a top-tier player by any means, but he's serviceable,  and he's a utility, which is always nice to have.

I know they still have the opportunity to trade him - being arbitration eligible,  I wonder what his projected salary would've been???

Like 4.5 mil

• Like 1

Nick Anderson had had a good number. I like his K/BB ratio. (over 5 thru minors). Seems useful for bullpen.

And I hope DD might find better team. 

• Like 1