Sign in to follow this  
Ema2R

Nick Anderson acquired, Dietrich DFA'd

People need to just stop reacting to everything every ignorant to how baseball works fan that is out there.  They will blindly criticize every player they didnt like or even show up to watch being let go and there is nothing we can say until we start having this long needed depth make a difference.  It makes no sense to react every time someone shows their ignorance.  Not to say every move we make is perfect, but as of now this front office has really done a solid job since taking over.

The draft last year seems to be really impressive early on, we have cleared any long term salaries that would inhibit any small market team from operating as a consistent contender (we couldnt survive G potentially breaking down like the angels and pujols), and we might not yet have that best farm system in baseball but it is clear we are building a team that is sustainable and regardless of if it is next year or 2021 with the depth we have built specifically in the pitching , this will eventually turn around because this is a proven method of rebuilding and we are finally willing to bite the bullet in the present for a future vision.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, pollythewog said:

2.4 WAR

1.5 WAR

.8 WAR that was bitten because he shouldn't be OFer

For a team that really sucks, this is a really bad move

I think they could have gotten a bullpen arm, but its abundantly clear you can get those 1b/corner OF types for very cheap and this years free agency might make last years look like a players market.  Teams seem to be getting smarter and smarter about the surplus value of a guy like dietrich relative to another replacement level guy you can find.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THRILLHO said:

That’s debatable.  He had starters PA for three years because of things like Gordon PEDs Prado injuries and last year selloffs. He’s not starting for a playoff team 

Well he doesn't have to be a starter on a playoff team. I mean for gods sake, Bour got traded and Dietrich is a far more useful player especially off the bench. They've both had similiar career highs in WAR and dietrich is younger and more versatile. So yeah, I still think he was a solid trade piece worth at least a project minor leaguer. They just let him go for nothing...

1 minute ago, fish20 said:

I think they could have gotten a bullpen arm, but its abundantly clear you can get those 1b/corner OF types for very cheap and this years free agency might make last years look like a players market.  Teams seem to be getting smarter and smarter about the surplus value of a guy like dietrich relative to another replacement level guy you can find.  

DD plays average to above average 3b/2b. He's terrible in the OF which is why he's not mid 1s WAR this year

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Well he doesn't have to be a starter on a playoff team. I mean for gods sake, Bour got traded and Dietrich is a far more useful player especially off the bench. They've both had similiar career highs in WAR and dietrich is younger and more versatile. So yeah, I still think he was a solid trade piece worth at least a project minor leaguer. They just let him go for nothing...

he's absolutely a Left hand utility guy on any WS bench (Bour no versatility)