Sign in to follow this  
Ema2R

Nick Anderson acquired, Dietrich DFA'd

1 minute ago, fish20 said:

The rays have won over 90 games 6 times since 2008, perhaps we should be making more rays moves as a small market team.

difference is they turn pitching prospects into gold left and right where all of ours get hurt/TJ

Anyway it doesn't really matter. It's clearly a salary move only. I liked DD a lot as a marlin and hope he does great wherever he lands!

• Like 2

Just now, MiguelDontrelle said:

Guys if anyone wanted Dietrich he would've been traded last year. He was a clear non-tender heading into '19 and they probably would've taken anything (like they did with Bour).

this is probably, but he was better 1st half and can play 2b/3b.

I don't give them benefit of the doubt tho because they clearly could have moved claw for something of value

2 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

m8 check his def WAR on Fangraphs when he was an IFer - the same Fangraphs that a lot of mlb front offices uses. He WAS above average at IF in 2016 and slightly below avg in 2017 in IF. He was horrible in the OF.

exactly, thats about average and again, he is a career .750 OPS guy in a league that is clearly finding it easier and easier to find for much cheaper than 5 million.  I mean CJ Cron hit 30 hr's last year and OPS'ed over .800 and got DFA'd.  These types of players just arent as valued as they used to be.

Just now, fish20 said:

exactly, thats about average and again, he is a career .750 OPS guy in a league that is clearly finding it easier and easier to find for much cheaper than 5 million.  I mean CJ Cron hit 30 hr's last year and OPS'ed over .800 and got DFA'd.  These types of players just arent as valued as they used to be.

1 WAR in today's game = $9m

Just now, fish20 said:

IE Rays move it was a bad one. Dickerson was 3.0 WAR last year, 1 WAR more than his replacement  (Cron)