Sign in to follow this  
Ema2R

Nick Anderson acquired, Dietrich DFA'd

I got over this move in about 3 mins. I'm still more curious about why they let Ichiro go than Dietrich. Dietrich had no future here and there's enough outfield guys who can get playing time over Dietrich. 

If anything I'm more thinking about how Dietrich had been here for six years and was finally getting consistent playing time and that he may have been one of the few holdovers who actually wanted to stay with the Marlins so this might have been a real kick in the gut to him today. That part of it sucks. 

20 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

DD can competently play 2b/3b there's nothing in his career that says otherwise. He's not cron/bour

He's cron/bour to the marlins though. No room at 2b (Castro/Diaz) or 3b (Prado/Anderson). My point being they have immovable contracts and future guys at the 2 positions where he'd be OK.

18 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I got over this move in about 3 mins. I'm still more curious about why they let Ichiro go than Dietrich. Dietrich had no future here and there's enough outfield guys who can get playing time over Dietrich. 

If anything I'm more thinking about how Dietrich had been here for six years and was finally getting consistent playing time and that he may have been one of the few holdovers who actually wanted to stay with the Marlins so this might have been a real kick in the gut to him today. That part of it sucks. 

ehhh DD homegrown and underdog...he was fun to watch come on mon and he was successful in his time here which was a while. I'm over it too but buff DD was really fun

His problem is he's expensive ($5m) and we have too many young prospect OFers and 2b/3b are extremely occupied. I guarantee he gets at least 1/$5m somewhere if not 2/12 or something

Exactly!

Just now, pollythewog said:

props to them for telling him early (being serious). DD will land somewhere!

Deitrich will have a World Series ring in the next 3 years. 

Sucks a lot to see him go but he’ll be happier (ultimately) elsewhere.  Another cost cutting measure. 

The Marlins will be bad for a long time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Deitrich will have a World Series ring in the next 3 years. 

Sucks a lot to see him go but he’ll be happier (ultimately) elsewhere.  Another cost cutting measure. 

The Marlins will be bad for a long time. 

marlins may have did him a favor. I can see him getting a 2/12 type contract

I like how they apparently told him "earlier in the offseason", yet they still made Dietrich jerseys in the new look that are now online...