Sign in to follow this  
Ema2R

Nick Anderson acquired, Dietrich DFA'd

3 hours ago, pollythewog said:

DD plays average to above average 3b/2b. He's terrible in the OF which is why he's not mid 1s WAR this year

Yeah, I don't get the knock on his INF D.  He's no gold glover but he's above average.  I'd much rather have DD than Prado although I realize that we have to keep Prado because of his contract.

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I like how they apparently told him "earlier in the offseason", yet they still made Dietrich jerseys in the new look that are now online...

They didn't tell the person in charge of the MLBShop, that's why.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Well he doesn't have to be a starter on a playoff team. I mean for gods sake, Bour got traded and Dietrich is a far more useful player especially off the bench. They've both had similiar career highs in WAR and dietrich is younger and more versatile. So yeah, I still think he was a solid trade piece worth at least a project minor leaguer. They just let him go for nothing...

Bour is actually a good comp for what I’m trying to convey.  Yes he got traded for a player so you’re correct about that. But he landed on  team that was sub .500 and was used in pinch hitting situations with an occasional start. Dietrich has a place on a roster. But he’s not starting unless circumstances dictate it (like it’s a poor team or the real starter is out for an extended period of time).  

7 hours ago, DTrain said:

The Marlins will be bad for a long time. 

Because they let go of Derek Dietrich???

And I dunno if Dietrich gets a ring anytime soon. Not every great team has a spot for him. If they did he'd have been traded and not DFAd. I think people are overvaluing a guy we got rid of... wait, deja vu?

Lastly, telling Deets ahead of time is another example of a non Loria move. Very nice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

And I dunno if Dietrich gets a ring anytime soon. Not every great team has a spot for him. If they did he'd have been traded and not DFAd. I think people are overvaluing a guy we got rid of... wait, deja vu?

Lastly, telling Deets ahead of time is another example of a non Loria move. Very nice. 

Also more and more we are seeing teams league wide DFA players that you wouldn’t think.  

I question how many contending teams would have Dietrich on their roster. I doubt any would have him as a starter.

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Did I say the Marlins would be bad for a long time because they DFA’d DD?  

Answer:  No. 

Think Schales has future in this team, and Frisaro think maybe this team to protect him, don't know we have many good 3B in the minors or not…as to Deetz, we would never know this team asking for return too high or not for him.