• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

The way most people felt about 2018 is the way I feel about 2019.

I really think the team next year is perfectly capable of losing 110+ games. It’s clearly worse than 2018 once Realmuto gets traded and we replace him with a guy who probably has no business catching in the big leagues (as was the case last year when Realmuto was injured). 

I also don’t see the front office making any notable free agent signings. It seems like they’re marketing Peter O’Brien as if he’s going to be the starting 1B (Lol).

At least the new uni’s and stadium design are better than before. And we’re going to get the #1 pick. #positives

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Hot take.

What’s the case for next year’s team being better than 2018 once Realmuto gets dealt? Not trying to be a Debbie downer, just wondering what the optimistic portion of the fanbase is thinking.

15 minutes ago, Erick said:

I really think the team next year is perfectly capable of losing 110+ games. It’s clearly worse than 2018 once Realmuto gets traded and we replace him with a guy who probably has no business catching in the big leagues (as was the case last year when Realmuto was injured). 

I also don’t see the front office making any notable free agent signings. It seems like they’re marketing Peter O’Brien as if he’s going to be the starting 1B (Lol).

At least the new uni’s and stadium design are better than before. And we’re going to get the #1 pick. #positives

The Baltimore Orioles might have something to say about that #1 pick.

10 minutes ago, Erick said:

What’s the case for next year’s team being better than 2018 once Realmuto gets dealt? Not trying to be a Debbie downer, just wondering what the optimistic portion of the fanbase is thinking.

Gonna put a disclaimer saying I don't necessarily think this is gonna happen but I think the case is "if everyone is better than they were last year." 

29 minutes ago, Erick said:

The uni's are an improvement but still not what they should have been which was to bring back the originial uniforms, at least as an alternative jersey. Regardless, the team is still garbage and will remain so for the next few years. The hope is they fix the off the issues as those are just as bad, if not worse, than their on field issues. Remains to be seen. Looks like this team would a mess for the next few years until they figure things out.

52 minutes ago, Erick said:

Yep. Not going to pay for the MLB Extra Innings package this upcoming year either. They aren't worth watching, and as you said, could very well be worse this year than last years abysmal effort.

4 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Yep. Not going to pay for the MLB Extra Innings package this upcoming year either. They aren't worth watching, and as you said, could very well be worse this year than last years abysmal effort.

So maybe only five thousand people showing in one Marlins home game.

8 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

So maybe only five thousand people showing in one Marlins home game.

The attendance has no real reason to be lower than last year. Anyone who stuck around after those trades especially the Stanton one will be back.