• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

4 hours ago, Michael said:

The team was going to be bad regardless. 90 loss bad or 110 loss bad, bad is bad.

Oh, really so bad.

10 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I'm wondering how many fans the Astros lost during their five years rebuilding…

Astros also had local tv issues during that time period also.  I think they had formed some Houston centric network that went belly up.  

so fans were struggling to watch that shit team as well. Luckily they figured it out before they got good.  

• Like 1

I think the possibility is very realistic that the Marlins will be fielding the worst hitting lineup of all time. They most definitely will not be watchable.

With the assets they traded away last year one would have expected the Marlins to have been much further along in their rebuild then they are. But the poor souls got ravaged. I just think the continuing damage caused by their malfeasance will be long felt. This team is many years away from remotely fielding a competitive team. If you're going to trade away the pieces the Marlins traded away you better hit on (at least some of) these deals big time. And our next trade could very well be of a 2019 MVP in waiting.

For the forseeable future, I expect the theme and picture of this team to be of a franchise in smoldering ruins, a Pompeii on the MLB landscape. But at least we should be comfortable in the knowledge that Manfred and his ilk won't be bothered by that at all.   

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Astros also had local tv issues during that time period also.  I think they had formed some Houston centric network that went belly up.  

so fans were struggling to watch that shit team as well. Luckily they figured it out before they got good.  

So how about our situation in the local TV in the period of Loria regime and now the Jeter regime ?

8 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

So how about our situation in the local TV in the period of Loria regime and now the Jeter regime ?

Currently it is the same shitty contract.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

What's the time to have the new local TV deal ?

I think 2020 but they could possibly negotiate a new deal prior to the expiration of it.

10 hours ago, SixYearItch said:

I think the possibility is very realistic that the Marlins will be fielding the worst hitting lineup of all time. They most definitely will not be watchable.

It wouldn’t be without recent precedent. 

https://www.fishstripes.com/2013/10/3/4799790/2013-miami-marlins-offense-history-worst-offenses

I will be watching though.  Go Fish.  Hooray for Baseball!