• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

20 minutes ago, MarlinsLou said:

Let's hope they go overslot on the draft again

Huh? I was told we drafted guys only because they were cheap.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 7:42 PM, EricOwens! said:

90 loses means the team is watchable. 110 losses mean they aren't. It matters.

How is a 90 loss team watchable? What? 😂 I mean I’m a Marlins fan, but no other baseball fan in their right mind will say “yo, let’s watch the Marlins.” They’d rather watch grass grow. 

1 minute ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

How is a 90 loss team watchable? What? 😂 I mean I’m a Marlins fan, but no other baseball fan in their right mind will say “yo, let’s watch the Marlins.” They’d rather watch grass grow. 

This may shock you but everyone thinks for themselves. I would rather watch the Marlins than watch grass grow, so that's one making you already wrong.

20 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

This may shock you but everyone thinks for themselves. I would rather watch the Marlins than watch grass grow, so that's one making you already wrong.

Technically when you watch the Marlins you are also watching grass grow at the same time. Unless they're playing in a city with turf like Tampa Bay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Huh? I was told we drafted guys only because they were cheap.

I understand the sarcasm, however to the gallery of fans who don't really see the big picture running through a fleeting message board post and don't follow the transactions, the Marlins did in fact go over-slot on the 2018 draft as a whole (basically, they got Banfield signed for an extra $1 million). That, plus signing VVM, are huge new developments to building the team out. Even if those two guys don't pan out, the process of what they are doing here is important. They should be commended for going after those two guys in particular. Good organizations do things like that. You eventually hit on them and the team starts getting built out. 

That's what I'm interested in personally. No one will remember if they lose 94 or 101 next year if they turn this ship around.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MarlinsLou said:

I understand the sarcasm, however to the gallery of fans who don't really see the big picture running through a fleeting message board post and don't follow the transactions, the Marlins did in fact go over-slot on the 2018 draft as a whole (basically, they got Banfield signed for an extra $1 million). That, plus signing VVM, are huge new developments to building the team out. Even if those two guys don't pan out, the process of what they are doing here is important. They should be commended for going after those two guys in particular. Good organizations do things like that. You eventually hit on them and the team starts getting built out. 

That's what I'm interested in personally. No one will remember if they lose 94 or 101 next year if they turn this ship around.

Yeah but #FuckJeter right? 

So I heard today that Judge Judy, Sherman's....cousin I think?  made $147M last year.....maybe she can donate some of that to our payroll haha.

We all know that money would go to uniforms, not players, though.

Edited by rmc523 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I meant baseball people who aren’t Marlins fans.