• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Damn all this time I assumed the name DTrain was for Dan Train, professing his fandom of Straily but I guess not.

He's just acting out because we let the best player in franchise history and the most beloved, Derek Deitrich (his spelling of it) go. Now, all others should be just as expendable!

3 hours ago, DTrain said:

If the amount of losses doesn’t matter, why do the Marlins need a $4 million dollar innings eater?

Because it allows them to keep -whoever- down in the minors for 120+ innings until the deadline, which helps long term development and potentially costs if it deflects a super2/arbitration year.

Plus, if he pitches like 2013, 2016, or 2017, you get a decent arm prospect or two at the deadline to add to the longterm stable of relievers. Or, if he is awesome, you just keep him for 2020.

An obvious tender. Dietrich you can probably replace with guys like Davidson or Flores (or Bour) who were also just non-tendered. You're not finding an arm like Straily for $4-5 million and a non-guaranteed option year in 2020.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

He's just acting out because we let the best player in franchise history and the most beloved, Derek Deitrich (his spelling of it) go. Now, all others should be just as expendable!

Oh maybe the DTrain stands for Deitrich Train? Its gotta be that right? I can't imagine anything else it stands for. 

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

@DTrain is just mad Straily wasn't non-tendered. Then he could've said "Cheap ass Jeter couldn't even spend the 4-5 million to keep Straily as a potential player to deal at the deadline, joke team"

You’re 100% wrong.  Stop thinking that every Marlins post I make has a negative agenda.  It’s clouding your judgement.  

My post is 100% about:

If the # of losses we have this year is irrelevant,  why are we going to pay Dan Straily $4 million when someone else can help us achieve 100 (insert guess here) losses for much cheaper. 

And please no one tell me $4 million is a meaningless amount of money. 

$4 million that can go toward a big FA signing in 2021 isn’t insignificant.  

Edited by DTrain (see edit history)

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I never said this or even implied it.  

On 11/30/2018 at 7:36 PM, DTrain said:

$4 million that can go toward a big FA signing in 2021 isn’t insignificant.

Signing Trout for $4M a year, alright!