Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

43 minutes ago, hovertical said:

saying they'll be better because those guys will be in there isn't an accurate statement as nearly all of them are unproven in the bigs and if they were that special we'd be seeing them up this year with the guppies.  also who will get traded to bring in this star 3b/1b?

Yes. Some will make it up.  Some will fall flat.  Some may get packaged and traded for other pieces.   Having a bunch of potential in the system is good for lots of reasons.  They’re assets to either promote or convert.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Yes. Some will make it up.  Some will fall flat.  Some may get packaged and traded for other pieces.   Having a bunch of potential in the system is good for lots of reasons.  They’re assets to either promote or convert.  

THIS! 

43 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I understand that's what both of you are thinking (hoping) but it still doesn't mean they're going to be any better just because new people will be playing.

- also, I still want to know who we're trading to net us that "star 1b/3b"?

3 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I understand that's what both of you are thinking (hoping) but it still doesn't mean they're going to be any better just because new people will be playing.

I'm one of the optimistic people and I totally agree with you here. The hope is those people are mostly all good eventually but just having them up doesn't even mean the team will be good yet. Those players need to "become" good first.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

- also, I still want to know who we're trading to net us that "star 1b/3b"?

Use a little bit of imagination.... I gave you 12 pitchers a lot of them with huge upside. Are you trying to say because they are Marlins Prospect they are just gonna suck?

There aren't many great prospects in the pipeline. The hope is some exceed expectations but it is far from a sure thing.

• Like 1

We can't have the Debbie Downer mentality guys... Sixto is beast, Yamamoto is READY, so is Neidert and Gallen... Guzman could be here this year etc...

1 minute ago, Ema2R said:

We can't have the Debbie Downer mentality guys... Sixto is beast, Yamamoto is READY, so is Neidert and Gallen... Guzman could be here this year etc...

Very few of these guys (if any) will be game changers the minute they arrive. It's not Debbie Downer mentality, it's realism.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Very few of these guys (if any) will be game changers the minute they arrive. It's not Debbie Downer mentality, it's realism.

How so? They haven't had the opportunity yet and we are just gonna expect the worst? Oh boy...

16 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

How so? They haven't had the opportunity yet and we are just gonna expect the worst? Oh boy...

we're not expecting the "worst". we're just trying to be realistic and point out most of them haven't done a thing in the bigs and to just say the team will magically be better because different names are on the backs of the jersey isn't really a rational line of thinking.

i'm sure some people on here at the beginning of last season said the 2019 lineup would be better too because (insert list of players here).  but yeah, it definitely looks worse so far.

Do we all HOPE most of those guys pan out and do something? hell yes.  But, you're kinda making them out to sound like they're all stars in the making - which, if they were, they'd likely be on the team already....unless #cheapjeter?

Still waiting to know who's going to net that star 1b/3b you said we're trading for!