Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

4 minutes ago, hovertical said:

we're not expecting the "worst". we're just trying to be realistic and point out most of them haven't done a thing in the bigs and to just say the team will magically be better because different names are on the backs of the jersey isn't really a rational line of thinking.

i'm sure some people on here at the beginning of last season said the 2019 lineup would be better too because (insert list of players here).  but yeah, it definitely looks worse so far.

Do we all HOPE most of those guys pan out and do something? hell yes.  But, you're kinda making them out to sound like they're all stars in the making - which, if they were, they'd likely be on the team already....unless #cheapjeter?

Still waiting to know who's going to net that star 1b/3b you said we're trading for!

Don't worry you'll find out next year.

• Laugh 1

43 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

How so? They haven't had the opportunity yet and we are just gonna expect the worst? Oh boy...

Definitely not expecting the worst... but it takes time for most players to reach their potential. Calling these guys up doesn't mean we'll be winning games yet. Name me some major leaguers who were studs consistently when they came up and didn't go through growing pains?

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Definitely not expecting the worst... but it takes time for most players to reach their potential. Calling these guys up doesn't mean we'll be winning games yet. Name me some major leaguers who were studs consistently when they came up and didn't go through growing pains?

Yes, it comes with the territory. All I said was that we have a very good pitching depth, so next year we should be better tho.... because as every team does they use pitching prospects to get good hitters.

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

I understand that's what both of you are thinking (hoping) but it still doesn't mean they're going to be any better just because new people will be playing.

- also, I still want to know who we're trading to net us that "star 1b/3b"?

I’m confused.  I thought I was agreeing with you.  No of course all those guys aren’t making the MLB roster in Miami.  No they may not even all be very good.  New doesn’t mean better.   However the players in the minors now are better than what was available three years ago. 

27 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I’m confused.  I thought I was agreeing with you.  No of course all those guys aren’t making the MLB roster in Miami.  No they may not even all be very good.  New doesn’t mean better.   However the players in the minors now are better than what was available three years ago. 

Exactly.

28 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

However the players in the minors now are better than what was available three years ago. 

Absolutely.

We should be alright by 2030.

Even though it doesn’t matter because fans come to the game for the experience, not to see who wins or loses. Do those silly fans even know who’s playing?

and our "success" is translating to the minors....

AAA 3 and 4 - Gallen's awesome start wasted by the pen today

AA 3 and 3 - which way will they go at .500?

High A - 3 and 5

A - 2 and 5