Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

On pace to score 409 runs.   The record for fewest is 463.

I see no reason to be confident they beat that by much. This is a legit concern.

The lowest point is going lower. This is really an all time level terrible team. Can’t score, other than in one game out of ten, and absolutely no baby cake or jumbo shrimp player will even make a dent in changing that. Harrison and Diaz would plainly be overmatched at the MLB level.

Team must hit it really big on their draft picks on hitters over the next few years as the Astros did with Correa, Springer and Bergman and as the Cubs did or the hopelessness will go on for a very long time.  Really upsetting that this front office couldn’t turn Stanton, Ozuna, Yelich, Realmuto etc into at least one frontline can’t miss hitting prospect. They had an advantage that no other rebuilding team has ever had and for my mind they butchered it badly.

I’m sorry but their starting pitching prospects are just average at best. Richards and Smith, their best, were acquired other than via the trades. Pablo came from the only good trade they made. We’ll see about Sixto. Gallen and Niedert seem like right hand Nicolino’s.  Hope I’m wrong but I’m skeptical. Other highlighted trade acquisitions look like relievers, including Sandy. Really down on what this front office has accomplished so far.  Don’t see them as much of an improvement over Loria, which is a very very low bar.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Here's an article on how bad we are.  TLDR - we're terrible and on pace to be historically bad.

Articles like that are stupid. Yes, we're bad... everyone predicted we'd be bad. If there was any optimism it came from Marlins fans hoping for better... so what's the point of an article like that? It sounds like a case of them just saying "we told you so." But then even with that... what if the rebuild works? Then who cares about bad times like this month? It's a bad stretch for a bad team. So what?

37 minutes ago, SixYearItch said:

Don’t see them as much of an improvement over Lori

To be honest, how they handle this adversity will probably be a better indicator of how much better they are than Loria... do they blow this team up for peanuts and to save money or do they stick to the plan and make sure they draft, sign, and trade better?

As much as bad trades and signings was the problem with Loria, not knowing how to recover from those bad moves was maybe the bigger problem with Loria.

Forget it guys, I just got a text from a friend saying "the rebuild has failed." It's over. Carry on with the rest of your lives.

45 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

To be honest, how they handle this adversity will probably be a better indicator of how much better they are than Loria... do they blow this team up for peanuts and to save money or do they stick to the plan and make sure they draft, sign, and trade better?

As much as bad trades and signings was the problem with Loria, not knowing how to recover from those bad moves was maybe the bigger problem with Loria.

To be fair, under Loria, there was a team to blow up.

The current team is at rock bottom lol. They could face whatever adversity they want; there’s nothing left to blow up.

• Like 1

They are worse than expected, those are historic paces that can't be just overlooked. I think they'll win 50 games or so somehow cause it is tough to lose more than that, even for a bad team. You just luck into some wins. They'll likely avoid that runs scored record as well, though it is tough to see how without some of that same luck and frequently. This offense is worse than even I thought it'd be and I didn't expect much.

I wouldn't call this a bad stretch as much as I'd call it close to what they are. They will mix in some games where they look "good" for sure and maybe even soon, but overall this is just a bad roster this season. And worse yet, many of the important players aren't showing progress yet.

I am not casting doubt on them being better in future seasons, but this one will be a dumpster fire of possible epic proportions.

28 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

They are worse than expected, those are historic paces that can't be just overlooked. I think they'll win 50 games or so somehow cause it is tough to lose more than that, even for a bad team. You just luck into some wins. They'll likely avoid that runs scored record as well, though it is tough to see how without some of that same luck and frequently. This offense is worse than even I thought it'd be and I didn't expect much.

I wouldn't call this a bad stretch as much as I'd call it close to what they are. They will mix in some games where they look "good" for sure and maybe even soon, but overall this is just a bad roster this season. And worse yet, many of the important players aren't showing progress yet.

I am not casting doubt on them being better in future seasons, but this one will be a dumpster fire of possible epic proportions.

I feel the same way.

Honestly, if I’m home & both the Marlins & Rays are playing, I’m watching the Rays this year. The Marlins just aren’t a product worth watching. There’s nothing exciting about the team.

• Like 2

I wonder what kind of crossover there will be with Inter Miami fans and Marlins fans. If the Marlins don’t show significant improvement at the major league level next year could Inter cause another attendance dip?   For the record I don’t think losing at the major league level in year two of a massive rebuild is all that alarming.