Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

2 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

The Marlins have NO ONE I would give a lengthy extension to right now, and that's troubling

Same, it speaks volumes.

Even BA has not lived up to the hype yet.

2 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

@SixYearItch you don’t sound happy with your experience 

Not at all TH.  I'm in Jacksonville, but my experience watching the Marlins so far has caused me to spend more time on the Discovery Channel. I can live with that.

Like everyone else, as much as I hated the teardown and still resent what Jeter and his crew did, I just wanted to see some improvement in the team or at least in some of the key individual players and for them to compete a little bit better than last year notwithstanding the loss of Realmuto.  Hasn't come close to happening. I expected the losing but this team, the way it is so far playing frankly deserves contraction.  Just go away. Honestly I'd be able to stomach it better if just one of Dembo's chosen prospects was performing in the system to expectations since traded for/selected. So far, at this reading at least, Dembo seems to be striking out more than Brinson.

5 minutes ago, SixYearItch said:

Like everyone else, as much as I hated the teardown

Not everyone was against the rebuild. It was the right move in my opinion. We already saw what the last core could do. The mythical two pitchers didn’t exist.  I feel like we (meaning those for and those against) have done this debate 4000 times so I’ll just stop there. We both know what the other will say already.

15 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am excited for guys like Monte Harrison, Sixto Sanchez,  Isan Diaz, Jordan Yamamoto to name a few. I think it is foolish to think they won't be productive at the MLB level. Nobody knows how they'll do up here until they get here.

To throw out things like "10 year plan" makes a person's argument lose all credibility from the start. I always consider people who say 10,15,20 years away to be idiots or trolls.

Hey buddy, you don't have to insult. I happen to be a fan of this team from the beginning who is pissed where this team is at. Saw it coming and have a right to be. And if I throw a little hyperbole out there so what. If I saw better days ahead with the way our prospects were performing I'd say it, but I don't see anything to latch onto here other than a few of the pitching prospects who may be decent but I don't think are anything exceptional. Maybe Sixto if he can shake his arm issues. I hope we smack it out of the park in the next few drafts cause we will definitely need to. And a few decent free agent pickups would help too. Have a nice day.

I

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Not everyone was against the rebuild. It was the right move in my opinion. We already saw what the last core could do. The mythical two pitchers didn’t exist.  I feel like we (meaning those for and those against) have done this debate 4000 times so I’ll just stop there. We both know what the other will say already.

I didn't imply that everyone was against the "rebuild". I was just stating I was, which to me was a teardown. Read my post again, and take note of the two comma's within the sentence.

2 minutes ago, SixYearItch said:

I didn't imply that everyone was against the "rebuild". I was just stating I was, which to me was a teardown. Read my post again, and take note of the two comma's within the sentence.

Got ya. My mistake on that one.

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Who is Dembo? 

I think that is a cartoon elephant

A lot of people talk about comparing it to the Astros; real bad before they get good.

I lived through the 2011-2013 Astros and this is way worse. The Astros had guys where you said they might work out some day. Some worked out (Altuve, Keuchel, JD Martinez [For someone else]) and some didn't (Jason Castro, Jon Singleton, Matt Dominguez) but they had stuff to build on.

It feels like the Marlins have nothing. None of these guys are shining right now. Things can change but it's looking as bad as I've ever seen. But this feels like the late 2000s Orioles more than the early 2010 Astros (except they had Matt Weiters).

BTW preparing to write off guys who were drafted last year is also hilarious.