Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

Just now, Rabbethan said:

Matt Dominguez

Marlins fans sure cried about losing him.

1 minute ago, Rabbethan said:

Jon Singleton

Worst rookie contract ever contender?

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Marlins fans sure cried about losing him.

To be fair it was a terrible trade considering the Marlins needed a 3B and he was traded for a guy who basically immediately retired. And he was still the Astros starting 3B for 3 years.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Worst rookie contract ever contender?

Definitely not great but in the end it was just $2M a year and he's already off the books.

That Dominguez deal was one of the best of hte Hill era.  Made zero sense as the time, still makes zero sense.  Who cares what Dominguez did, he was you know a need position at the time that the Marlins pissed away.

The Marlins better fucking hope Harrison is successful.  Brinson looks like he has improved zero.  Mags is awful.  Sandy is what Sandy is, a pitcher with control issues and still hasnt really developed reliable secondary stuff.  

Having Harrison not suck would kinda be nice.  Having Gallen actually get consistent outs at the MLB level would be nice.  Might as well call him up soon, not like there are really any players standing in his way at htis point.

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

That Dominguez deal was one of the best of hte Hill era.  Made zero sense as the time, still makes zero sense.  Who cares what Dominguez did, he was you know a need position at the time that the Marlins pissed away.

Oh I agree.

5 minutes ago, Rabbethan said:

To be fair it was a terrible trade considering the Marlins needed a 3B and he was traded for a guy who basically immediately retired. And he was still the Astros starting 3B for 3 years.

It was one of the worst trades in Hill history.

4 hours ago, SixYearItch said:

Pablo came from the only good trade they made. 

Pablo was actually acquired in the David Phelps trade when Loria owned the team.

4 hours ago, SixYearItch said:

Gallen and Niedert seem like right hand Nicolino’s.  Hope I’m wrong but I’m skeptical.

The difference is strikeouts. Nicolino had 6.1 SO/9 and it got worse in the upper minors. Gallen is at 8.6 and it has been over 9 each year at AAA. Nick Neidert is at 8.1 and has been getting better each year despite him rising to higher minor league levels.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It was one of the worst trades in Hill history.

The context where they traded Hanley 3 weeks later and then had nobody to play third base was amazing.

43 minutes ago, SixYearItch said:

Hey buddy, you don't have to insult. I happen to be a fan of this team from the beginning who is pissed where this team is at. Saw it coming and have a right to be. And if I throw a little hyperbole out there so what. If I saw better days ahead with the way our prospects were performing I'd say it, but I don't see anything to latch onto here other than a few of the pitching prospects who may be decent but I don't think are anything exceptional. Maybe Sixto if he can shake his arm issues. I hope we smack it out of the park in the next few drafts cause we will definitely need to. And a few decent free agent pickups would help too. Have a nice day.

I

There were absolutely no injury issues for Sixto Sanchez before last season. There is no reason to be anymore concerned about him than any other pitcher. Thinking that a single season means that he will always have arm issues is like thinking the Stanton would stay healthy for the rest of his contract because he was able to stay off the DL in his MVP year. Now Stanton is injured for the second time as a Yankee.

29 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

There were absolutely no injury issues for Sixto Sanchez before last season. There is no reason to be anymore concerned about him than any other pitcher. Thinking that a single season means that he will always have arm issues is like thinking the Stanton would stay healthy for the rest of his contract because he was able to stay off the DL in his MVP year. Now Stanton is injured for the second time as a Yankee.

Stanton isn't on the DL and I am willing to bet my entire next paycheck that he will never spend another day this season on the DL.