Sign in to follow this  
Erick

This team is going to be laughingly bad next year

On 11/30/2018 at 12:07 PM, DTrain said:

If the number of losses in 2019 doesn’t matter, why keep Dan Straily around?  

Profound foreshadowing. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JMG said:

they are terrible. little league champs might beat them, the 2-8 REDS  will sweep them on THURSDAY. 5 years REALLY

Yes five years. The Astros started being terrible in 2011 and made the playoffs in 2015. Cubs pretty much same thing. Royals ... I think Royals got lucky but even so. Five years is enough time for a turnaround. This team will look DRASTICALLY different in two years time. Shoot maybe even middle of next year.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes five years. The Astros started being terrible in 2011 and made the playoffs in 2015. Cubs pretty much same thing. Royals ... I think Royals got lucky but even so. Five years is enough time for a turnaround. This team will look DRASTICALLY different in two years time. Shoot maybe even middle of next year.

Yea it's like two weeks into the season. Yes we suck but there's still plenty of time for improvement too. Can't predict the entire rebuild based on a bad two weeks. 

• Like 1

Honestly I think we could be a good team next year. We should have Sixto,Gallen,Yamamoto,Braxton,Pablo, K-leb,Richards,Guzman,Sandy,Neidert,Stewart,Cabrera... Someone will get traded and It should bring an instant star 3B or 1B with it plus VV Mesa,Monte,Isan will be in the bigs so that should help.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ema2R said:

Honestly I think we could be a good team next year. We should have Sixto,Gallen,Yamamoto,Braxton,Pablo, K-leb,Richards,Guzman,Sandy,Neidert,Stewart,Cabrera... Someone will get traded and It should bring an instant star 3B or 1B with it plus VV Mesa,Monte,Isan will be in the bigs so that should help.

Yeah, it's why I didn't worry about our veterans play suck, because this team have many many many good prospects waiting for the chance to contribute to the Marlins. 

11 hours ago, Ema2R said:

We should be better next year, yes. But I wouldn’t expect all of those guys to be up by opening day next year. The only guys I’d expect to open with the team next year are Monte, Isan & Gallen. 

Mesa still needs to check off A+ and hopefully get some AA action this year. Same with Cabrera and Braxton. 

The earliest I’d expect to see this entire core up together is 2021 

11 hours ago, Ema2R said:

saying they'll be better because those guys will be in there isn't an accurate statement as nearly all of them are unproven in the bigs and if they were that special we'd be seeing them up this year with the guppies.  also who will get traded to bring in this star 3b/1b?