• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Yankees reportedly trying to trade Stanton

Sure, why not. Let's dangle Caleb Smith and Starlin Castro at them and see if they bite.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Sure, why not. Let's dangle Caleb Smith and Starlin Castro at them and see if they bite.

Only if they pay the entire contract outside of 30 million if he opts in.

What would both Stanton and the Yankees fans say if that actually happened? It would be funny compared to all they said when he got traded from here in the first place. 

It'll be funny when they get back a bunch of better prospects than what we got for him.

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It'll be funny when they get back a bunch of better prospects than what we got for him.

If the Yankees agree to continue to pay his contract then yes they will get better prospects. Stanton's trade from here was primarily for salary relief and we got that. People can't neglect that fact yet they still do.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

If the Yankees agree to continue to pay his contract then yes they will get better prospects. Stanton's trade from here was primarily for salary relief and we got that. People can't neglect that fact yet they still do.

I neglect everything u said

• Haha 1

I just read the actual article and it says keeping Stanton for the next ten years would most likely be cheaper than signing Harper or Machando. Imagine that. Why even trade the guy? 

9 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Why even trade the guy? 

They aren't enamored with him I guess, love affairs end quickly up there.

50 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

They aren't enamored with him I guess, love affairs end quickly up there.

I know it's the Yankees so money isn't always a factor but it's not like it's a minimum salary we're talking about but to trade a guy making $300 million to be able to sign a guy who might approach $400 million when there's no guarantee the new guy can perform any better than the $300 million guy is ridiculous to me. In this scenario, Giancarlo freakin Stanton is a relative bargain... how stupid to trade that.