• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Yankees reportedly trying to trade Stanton

On 11/27/2018 at 8:21 AM, SilverBullet said:

I know it's the Yankees so money isn't always a factor but it's not like it's a minimum salary we're talking about but to trade a guy making $300 million to be able to sign a guy who might approach $400 million when there's no guarantee the new guy can perform any better than the $300 million guy is ridiculous to me. In this scenario, Giancarlo freakin Stanton is a relative bargain... how stupid to trade that.

if it's a bargain Marlins should jump on it

I say if the Marlins can trade for him, and get the Yankees to eat the money for a prospect or two- I'd jump all over it. Seriously.

Heck, send Realmuto, and prospects to the Yankees for Giancarlo, Sanchez and Cash and the Marlins might come out looking super savvy sending a player away for a year to get the contract paid off.

I'd let someone borrow my car for a year to pay it off for 9 more.

22 hours ago, Das Texan said:

The trade never really made sense for the Yankees in the first place.  

True, but he carried that team as much as he could this year with Sanchez, Didi,and Judge all going down.

• Like 1