Jump to content
  • Register for full access

    Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Cano/Mets talks heating up

Recommended Posts

The Mets have acted like a mid/small market team for years.

At what point can it be truly considered they 'spent' anytime recently?  

It got so much worse after the Bernie Madoff stuff.

 

Other than with Cespedes really, which was incredibly dumb in true Mets fashion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2018 at 2:36 PM, el_gmac said:

U can ask @Piazza31

hahahah,
Seriously though, it looks like they are going all in- but I don't like it. Cano is aging, and he'll probably end up on 1B in a year or two. This is a Pujols situation for them.

I'm mostly a Marlins fan. I think its too much of a reach though. Then again at least they are going for it. Hopefully they aren't stupid enough to trade their arms or MLB ready prospects or young MLB players for pricey/vet players. (Unless its for JT).

I see this being a Mo Vaughn, Alomar, Jeremy Burnitz season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 7:37 AM, SonOfJack said:

You can't compare the 2. The Mets have a good tv deal, play in one of the biggest markets and have solid revenue. They can afford to have a bad contract or two on the books. The Marlins HAVE to be very careful with every big signing because one bad one will cripple the team's finances for years. 

THATS AN OUTRIGHT LIE AND I WONT STAND FOR IT..... OR SIT!

 

CHEN DID NOT CRIPPLE US AT ALL!


OUR ENTIRE ROSTER IS FILLED WITH ABLE BODIED PERSONS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 3:50 PM, Das Texan said:

The Mets have acted like a mid/small market team for years.

At what point can it be truly considered they 'spent' anytime recently?  

It got so much worse after the Bernie Madoff stuff.

 

Other than with Cespedes really, which was incredibly dumb in true Mets fashion. 

Bruce was a dumb over pay, then they had no use for AJ Ramos. Cespedes was a free agent "splash/extention" but the last big free agent that came to NYM and was someone who they convinced to go to flushing?

Curtis Granderson?

I mean FFS they kinda celebrated getting Jose Reyes back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

Bruce was a dumb over pay, then they had no use for AJ Ramos. Cespedes was a free agent "splash/extention" but the last big free agent that came to NYM and was someone who they convinced to go to flushing?

Curtis Granderson?

I mean FFS they kinda celebrated getting Jose Reyes back!

Wasnt the Grandy thing more of a he didnt really want to leave NY and the Yankees didnt want him back type of deal?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Wasnt the Grandy thing more of a he didnt really want to leave NY and the Yankees didnt want him back type of deal?  

Honestly, its the Mets so I didn't really care. But they paraded him around town like he was the proof they spent money.

I'm like 90% Marlins fan, and a passive Mets and A's fan.


I also have a history hating myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.