• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Segura to Phillies

MLB Network reminded me this weekend that the Mariners are the only team to have a longer playoff drought than the Marlins. The way things are going it'll actually be quite interesting to see who breaks the drought first. You'd have to think that in theory we're at least ahead of Seattle at the moment.

50 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I wonder if they regret trading for Dee Gordon and his contract now.

I'm sure they do unless Gordon married DiPoto's daughter in which case he's probably not regretting it at all.

• Like 1

Now I'm hearing Carlos Santana is going to the M's. 

This is what kills me. People go nuts when the Marlins don't dive into stupid free agent spending and then the teams that do this stuff get celebrated for it ONLY TO TRADE AWAY THESE SAME STUPID CONTRACTS LATER!!!

The Phillies giving up on Santana, the M's trying to dump off Cano Gordon and Segura... the Marlins being stuck with Chen and Prado's contracts... even the Yankees considering getting rid of Stanton... all of this is more and more proof why wasting money left and right is ridiculous. Almost every significant free agent signing lately is a regrettable mistake for every team that does it.

3 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

So, they're rebuild or retool ?, it seems they're just swapping lots of contracts.

It's the start of the rebuild. Some of those contracts they're getting back will be off the books soon. It's like the Marlins getting Castro for two meaningless seasons in exchange for the Yankees taking Stanton's contract off our hands.

Just thinking, can't wait to hear Dee Gordon's comments when asked how it feels to be part of the rebuild in Seattle.