• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Cardinals acquiring Goldschmidt

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Easier to name all the bad ones though, it is rare they work out.

Its usually a result of dumb management giving out dumb contracts tbh.

Look at Arizona.  Dumb management.

Just now, Das Texan said:

Its usually a result of dumb management giving out dumb contracts tbh.

Look at Arizona.  Dumb management.

This is very true. Also a guy like Scherzer is pretty elite. In a perfect world (perfect for GMs) only the elite guys would get big contracts and everyone beneath them isn't allowed more than a 2 year deal or something like that. I know it would never work that way but just saying. 

Since I live here in AZ, you would have thought Goldschmidt was the Messiah to these people. In 2nd place is Archie Bradley so I they'll be really going gaga over him this year for whatever reason.  I can't stand listening to their broadcast team. Nothing worse than having a broadcast team that literally seems to know zero about any other team outside of the Diamondbacks. 

Anyway, highway robbery by the Cards.  Das, will you personally be "extending" Goldschmidt?

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

Since I live here in AZ, you would have thought Goldschmidt was the Messiah to these people. In 2nd place is Archie Bradley so I they'll be really going gaga over him this year for whatever reason.  I can't stand listening to their broadcast team. Nothing worse than having a broadcast team that literally seems to know zero about any other team outside of the Diamondbacks. 

Anyway, highway robbery by the Cards.  Das, will you personally be "extending" Goldschmidt?

I've been 'extended' for Goldy since I heard we acquired him, tbh.

I actually thought the trade was missing a piece from the Cardinals honestly when I first heard it.

I expect an extension to probably be done early summer at the latest most likely.  Sorry I jumped the gun a hair.  

Edited by Das Texan (see edit history)