• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Miami Marlins Top 32 Prospects

24 minutes ago, Erick said:

Have the Cardinals learned how to make the playoffs since you became a fan?

Kinda lifted a trophy since I've been a fan, thanks.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, Das Texan said:

Kinda lifted a trophy since I've been a fan, thanks.

You were a Marlins fan in 2011. 😂

55 minutes ago, Erick said:

He was a Marlins fan? So he just changes teams on the fly? What a fan this guy sounds like.

• Haha 1

As a person supportive of “building” I hesitate to throw this article out there.   It highlights the risks associated with dealing for prospects.   It’s not really something we didn’t already know but interesting considering the state of things with the Marlins 

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2018/12/10/18133919/baseball-trades-prospect-rankings-top-50-busts

Edited by THRILLHO (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Erick said:

No I wasnt.  I was transitioning in 2011 full time to a Cardinal fan.  Kinda co-incided with my wedding.

The last moronic fire sale was the last straw preventing me from ever considering going back to being a Marlin fan.  

5 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

No I wasnt.  I was transitioning in 2011 full time to a Cardinal fan.  Kinda co-incided with my wedding.

The last moronic fire sale was the last straw preventing me from ever considering going back to being a Marlin fan.  

So you stopped being a fan due to the firesale, but you began the process before the firesale. Interesting way to spin things so that you can claim to be a fan of the 2011 WS champs.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

So you stopped being a fan due to the firesale, but you began the process before the firesale. Interesting way to spin things so that you can claim to be a fan of the 2011 WS champs.

I was growing annoyed with the Marlins and their management from 2008 onward, or the real idea is I started to realize what a shitty organization it was at that time.  

Due to being a fan of theirs since 1992 I was like the jilted lover that would try to give them chances even though I"ve moved on and have something much better, but holding out hope that they might just do better this time.

I really went all in on the Cardinals in 2010 but didnt want to admit that I had ditched this shitty franchise behind.  

10 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I really went all in on the Cardinals in 2010 but didnt want to admit that I had ditched this shitty franchise behind. 

So now it was 2010 that you became a full-time Cards fan?

I’m not much for passing judgement on people for their rooting interests.  But I am curious as to why someone would spend time on a fan forum when they aren’t fans of said team. I know that’s a thing and lots of people do it.  That crowd definitely makes things interesting on those forums.   I’m personally not up for that brand of internet participation.  So @Das Texan what’s the draw for you to come at people regarding the marlins ? 

4 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I’m not much for passing judgement on people for their rooting interests.  But I am curious as to why someone would spend time on a fan forum when they aren’t fans of said team. I know that’s a thing and lots of people do it.  That crowd definitely makes things interesting on those forums.   I’m personally not up for that brand of internet participation.  So @Das Texan what’s the draw for you to come at people regarding the marlins ? 

I've been a member of this website since what?  1995?