Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Miami Marlins Top 32 Prospects

Having a burn it down philosophy also allows you to play more guys that have some potential or flashed it, that normally would never see the field on a better team. It's how you hope to find the next Dan Uggla type guy or it's how you let guys like Brian Anderson surprise you with all those AB's and become a consistent known commodity and future piece of the team moving forward. We need to keep allotting and using our international bonus pool money and making the best possible draft picks without paying mind to the player wanting more than his draft slot, something alluded to before by Lou. And sometimes you get surprises from Rule 5 drafts but you also get surprises from within the organization, some players will develop more than expected, just need to get a little lucky. Hopefully things will come together. And then maybe in 2020-2021 we can hope to make a trade like the Reds just made with the Dodgers or sign some FA's of our own.

Isn't Yamamoto looking pretty good thus far though all things considered? I'm genuinely curious because I don't follow the prospects closely but I've heard Yamamotos name come up positively several times the last couple of months .

24 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Isn't Yamamoto looking pretty good thus far though all things considered? I'm genuinely curious because I don't follow the prospects closely but I've heard Yamamotos name come up positively several times the last couple of months .

He would be a steal in this trade.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I think he beat expectations in 2018. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

The answer is (hell) yes for who he is, but all things considered he isn't throwing consistently/much over 90 MPH and is beating hitters with finesse, control, deception, and an abnormal spin rate (credit to him for having that trait) which limits some harder contact here and there. The league typically catches up to these type of guys as Acuna, Albies, and Freeman aren't going to be phased by this type of stuff, versus having to deal with 70 grade fastballs, sliders, and changeups.

A good example may be Marlins former prospect Yusmiero Petit, who absolutely dominated A+/AA and then turned into a basically middling reliever at the MLB level (albeit credit to him, he got better the middle stages of his career). Nothing is wrong with that, and that is a great result for a 4th guy throw in in a deal. It's just going to be unlikely he is more than a 6th inning middle reliever, or maybe a moderate 5th starter a few years. But maybe he turns into a poor man's Greg Maddox and everyone is wrong.

In any event, I like him and hope he gets to that backend starter projection, but I'm really happy if he turns into a 4th RHP for the bullpen. That'll be good to hold or trade depending on how everyone else works out. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

maybe you were just watching a LOT of Hentai these past couple months?

Has Sandy learned how to control where the baseball goes?  It seems no.

Fangraphs in love with that heater still!  

Oh and with this crap team marlins arent getting that massive TV deal anytime soon, which is why you go all in to get viewership up, better bargaining power for that TV deal, which really is where some of the biggest bucks are these days.  

I fail to see how a team with such little viewership puts you in the market to attain at the very least an average tv deal.  Its going to be more when its done, but not what it could be.  Spend an extra 40 mil now to make an extra 100 mil later with a tv deal.  Short sighted.  

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Has Sandy learned how to control where the baseball goes?  It seems no.

Fangraphs in love with that heater still!  

Have the Cardinals learned how to make the playoffs since you became a fan?

• Laugh 1