Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Miami Marlins Top 32 Prospects

33 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

Not for nothing, but did the Stanton and Yelich trades really fix the farm? Those two trades taken out and everything else the same, this team is in a better position.

I don't know about totally "fixing" the farm but this whole topic is about Fangraphs' top 32 Marlins prospects and every prospect we got for Stanton and Yelich is on that list so even with Stanton being mostly a salary dump and even with the Yelich return looking underwhelming so far yes those 2 trades did help improve our farm system. Our farm system is definitely better with Guzman Devers Yamamoto Diaz and Harrison in it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't know about totally "fixing" the farm but this whole topic is about Fangraphs' top 32 Marlins prospects and every prospect we got for Stanton and Yelich is on that list so even with Stanton being mostly a salary dump and even with the Yelich return looking underwhelming so far yes those 2 trades did help improve our farm system. Our farm system is definitely better with Guzman Devers Yamamoto Diaz and Harrison in it. 

What about our whole system, top to bottom- is it better without Stanton, Yelich and Realmuto in it?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

Only two of the top ten on that list were part of the organization at the end of 2017.  That’s meaningful and illustrates how dire things were. Also with all the fanfare surrounding Mesa he’s still ranked behind four guys acquired last winter.  

Mesa hasn't played in a while and never in pro ball. He could easily become 55/60FV player in like a month

2 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

What about our whole system, top to bottom- is it better without Stanton, Yelich and Realmuto in it?

Yes... because with Stanton and Yelich on the team the farm system is worse than it is today. Yes we would have a better MLB lineup but how does that matter if the team is still a losing team with no farm system behind it?

And u mentioned Realmuto who hasn't been traded yet so u aren't taking that return into account. I think if we trade Realmuto and are able to add Kyle Tucker to our system then hell yeah our system is better without Stanton Yelich and Realmuto because the whole system has to be accounted for... 3 spots in the MLB lineup doesn't cover up the rest of the organization being shit. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no one from the Ozuna and Stanton trades has any real future.

You're just hoping so anyway so you can tell us all "I told you so" .

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

You're just hoping so anyway so you can tell us all "I told you so" .

You're right. I'm rooting against the Marlins.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

I wouldn't be surprised if no one from the Ozuna and Stanton trades has any real future.

This is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. Sandy is Urena at worst. He should develop into a nice #3 starter as he learns how to pitch. 

I feel fairly confident in saying Guzman should at WORST be a serviceable back in bullpen piece 

Not a fan of Gallen and Devers is a wait and see. Sierra is irrelevant to me 

On 12/19/2018 at 3:42 PM, SilverBullet said:

Yes... because with Stanton and Yelich on the team the farm system is worse than it is today. Yes we would have a better MLB lineup but how does that matter if the team is still a losing team with no farm system behind it?

And u mentioned Realmuto who hasn't been traded yet so u aren't taking that return into account. I think if we trade Realmuto and are able to add Kyle Tucker to our system then hell yeah our system is better without Stanton Yelich and Realmuto because the whole system has to be accounted for... 3 spots in the MLB lineup doesn't cover up the rest of the organization being shit. 

You build a farm system to compete at the major league level. If you have three holes in your major league lineup, whatever you have is irrelevant.

You build to win championships at the MLB level, having a farm full of potential is the literal equivalent of

A bird (MLBer) in hand is worth two (Prospects) in the bush.

You're supposed to keep your MLB talent and complement it with a farm system. If you don't have a farm, you draft and sign international free agents. You don't have to trade great players for the hope you get one back. I understand Stanton's was money motivated, but that was short sighted. His departure opened three holes in our lineup.

I get it, everyone would rather have the farm system we have now over those players- but I'm arguing having those players complemented by whatever else we get in trades from Ozuna, Gordon, and others is better than starting from scratch like were an expansion team. (And Jeters used the word expansion in interviews BTW, I believe recently in a Hot Stove Report).