Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Miami Marlins Top 32 Prospects

11 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

You build a farm system to compete at the major league level. If you have three holes in your major league lineup, whatever you have is irrelevant.

This is completely false. If you have 3 holes in your MLB lineup what you have in the minors is 2000% relevant because that's how you most easily fill those holes. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

This is a bit of an exaggeration IMO. Sandy is Urena at worst. He should develop into a nice #3 starter as he learns how to pitch. 

I feel fairly confident in saying Guzman should at WORST be a serviceable back in bullpen piece 

Not a fan of Gallen and Devers is a wait and see. Sierra is irrelevant to me 

Maybe that comes true. Quite possible. But that's still not good enough for Ozuna alone, let alone Ozuna and Stanton.

1 minute ago, EricOwens! said:

Maybe that comes true. Quite possible. But that's still not good enough for Ozuna alone, let alone Ozuna and Stanton.

How good do you think Ozuna really is? I didn't see him light St Louis on fire. 

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I didn't see him light St Louis on fire. 

He's a baseball player, not an arsonist.

• Laugh 2

14 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

Oh I 100% agree. But keep in mind, it’s those prospects + 250 mill off the books. That’s significant. 

Moreso addressing your original comment that this crop might not be anything. I would’ve taken literally any prospect outside of Sierra and Gallen does zero for me, but it’s still hyperbole. That’s all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

How good do you think Ozuna really is? I didn't see him light St Louis on fire. 

He performed pretty in line with his career numbers last year. Started off slow if I remember correctly but he still ended with a 2.7 WAR. He has the potential to be an all star any given year, and considering we traded him with 2 years of control, a potential #3 starter and a reliever isn't good enough return once you discount for uncertainty.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

This is completely false. If you have 3 holes in your MLB lineup what you have in the minors is 2000% relevant because that's how you most easily fill those holes. 

Those prospects in the minors can fizzle out and become "Has Beens and Never Weres".

The prospect farm is irrelevant in that if you have a MLB All star patroling a position, you have time to develop beneath them.
We traded vets and good players for the hope that we'll get another in return.

We CREATED three holes to fill, and the farm system wouldn't have mattered as much to those positions if we had those three mentioned players to fill them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

Those prospects in the minors can fizzle out and become "Has Beens and Never Weres".

The prospect farm is irrelevant in that if you have a MLB All star patroling a position, you have time to develop beneath them.
We traded vets and good players for the hope that we'll get another in return.

We CREATED three holes to fill, and the farm system wouldn't have mattered as much to those positions if we had those three mentioned players to fill them.

We created 3 holes on the roster NOW, to gain assets for the future (both prospects and payroll). 

We weren’t going to compete in the lifespan of those 3 players. The farm system was barren and there were no practical answer to the issues we had. 

This is really simple stuff. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

This is really simple stuff. 

Yet it feels like it has to be explained endlessly for over a year already.

• Downvote 1