Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Leo

Reds acquired OFs Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp, LHP Alex Wood, C Kyle Farmer and cash from the Dodgers for RHP Homer Bailey, INF Jeter Downs and RHP Josiah Gray.

3 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Which they will be.  They kinda have the resources for it.  You act like the Dodgers are this poor small market team or something....

Bryce will be worth his contract easily.  

Not acting like that at all - I'm stating they want to stay under the threshold.

37 minutes ago, Michael said:

Not acting like that at all - I'm stating they want to stay under the threshold.

According to whom?  They only really cared about being under it in 2018.  Yankees also. 

Don't believe what you hear... 

The main goal was 2018.  Bryce Harper wanting to play for your organization kinda mitigates that 'plan', which is in place for non mega star players anyway.  

On 12/24/2018 at 3:44 PM, SonOfJack said:

I wish the Marlins could sign a guy like Harper.

I wish we had the resources to sign Harper.  I don't want Harper though - he's a big bitch, and I can't root for him.

12 hours ago, cyoung said:

I wish we had the resources to sign Harper.  I don't want Harper though - he's a big bitch, and I can't root for him.

What if he was only a small bitch? Or perhaps a medium sized?

• Laugh 1

apparently this move was to sign...AJ Pollock?!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25841813/dodgers-land-free-agent-outfielder-aj-pollock

4 years for 55 mil?  should turn out to be a good deal if Pollock can stay healthy.

on a side note - if the deal is really because Bellinger is coming to the fish at least that should mean the JT deal is nearing a conclusion and we can stop prognosticating.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 2:29 PM, hovertical said:

on a side note - if the deal is really because Bellinger is coming to the fish at least that should mean the JT deal is nearing a conclusion and we can stop prognosticating.

I think they're moving Pederson, though, which would be more of a move to get Verdugo up.

Pollock is a great sign for Dodgers, again assuming he stays healthy, but they get him at a relatively low risk. May sound crazy but he does have some MVP potential when he's healthy.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, hovertical said:

apparently this move was to sign...AJ Pollock?!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25841813/dodgers-land-free-agent-outfielder-aj-pollock

4 years for 55 mil?  should turn out to be a good deal if Pollock can stay healthy.

I cannot see them moving a Bellinger.  

2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I cannot see them moving a Bellinger.

On top of that, they could move Muncy and stick Bellinger at first. Dodgers have zero reason to get rid of him. If Bellinger threw right handed, I bet they'd have him playing at second, third, and short as well.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

On top of that, they could move Muncy and stick Bellinger at first. Dodgers have zero reason to get rid of him. If Bellinger threw right handed, I bet they'd have him playing at second, third, and short as well.

He would be their 'Ben Zobrist'.  Which I think overall is a dumb gimmickey concept but a different story.