• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
hovertical

Kitchen Sink

I don't see the general forum listed anymore - so this shall have to do.  Any of you peeps use a granite composite kitchen sink on a regular basis?  Looking at options for the kitchen and wanted to switch from our dual basin to a single basin because i'm frickin' tired of not having large pans/pots not fitting in the sink for soaking purposes.  Stainless steel is a no-go. The wife axed that idea up front. 

On 12/31/2018 at 7:46 AM, hovertical said:

I don't see the general forum listed anymore - so this shall have to do.  Any of you peeps use a granite composite kitchen sink on a regular basis?  Looking at options for the kitchen and wanted to switch from our dual basin to a single basin because i'm frickin' tired of not having large pans/pots not fitting in the sink for soaking purposes.  Stainless steel is a no-go. The wife axed that idea up front. 

We are getting a farmhouse sink with our new house once I do hte remodel.

Just make sure if is heavier that you properly reinforce it into the cabinet.

I personally hate undermount sinks (that are installed by a fucking amateur)

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

We are getting a farmhouse sink with our new house once I do hte remodel.

Just make sure if is heavier that you properly reinforce it into the cabinet.

I personally hate undermount sinks (that are installed by a fucking amateur)

We currently have a cast iron sink in there which is probably 4x as heavy as any granite composite sink so that's not an issue.  I do love the cleaner lines of undermount sinks but we're just going swap it and drop it since this isn't going to be our forever home anyway.

24 minutes ago, hovertical said:

We currently have a cast iron sink in there which is probably 4x as heavy as any granite composite sink so that's not an issue.  I do love the cleaner lines of undermount sinks but we're just going swap it and drop it since this isn't going to be our forever home anyway.

My problem with undermount sinks is entirely a result of Lowe's contractors sucking and not really actually installing things properly.   Should have just installed the fucking thing myself.  

Ya I'd say that sink is probably twice as heavy.  

Just go with a single basin, from a resale standpoint it really doesnt matter, just go with what works best for you.  If it looks nice, it should be fine from that resale standpoint also.

It's a pity the cast iron sink has a chip in the enamel and some stains that I can't ever seem to get to come out or else I'd probably be able to sell it on Craigslist, etc. and pay for a good chunk of the composite model since they're generally cheaper than cast iron.

On 1/1/2019 at 6:10 PM, hovertical said:

It's a pity the cast iron sink has a chip in the enamel and some stains that I can't ever seem to get to come out or else I'd probably be able to sell it on Craigslist, etc. and pay for a good chunk of the composite model since they're generally cheaper than cast iron.

You can probably still get a few bucks for it.  Is Craigslist still a good thing anyway, I'll have some stuff to unload shortly myself.