Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Well played Clark

That's hilarious.

I don't think things are going to go very well for the Dolphins though.  What, 1/4 of the league has coaching vacancies right now, so the makes it tough to get "your guy".  That assumes "your guy" even exists.

14 minutes ago, cyoung said:

That's hilarious.

I don't think things are going to go very well for the Dolphins though.  What, 1/4 of the league has coaching vacancies right now, so the makes it tough to get "your guy".  That assumes "your guy" even exists.

They also need more than a coach. They need a QB and this year's draft doesn't seem likely for them.

19 minutes ago, cyoung said:

That's hilarious.

Well, I'll say one thing for Ross though in terms of "getting his guy" - he's never been shy about spending to get what he wants.  So I do believe he stands a fair chance at getting his 1st or 2nd choice (which honestly may be a toss up between the Harbaugh brothers).  I can't wait until they ditch Tannehill and go in a different direction though. 

29 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

They also need more than a coach. They need a QB and this year's draft doesn't seem likely for them.

22 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Well, I'll say one thing for Ross though in terms of "getting his guy" - he's never been shy about spending to get what he wants.  So I do believe he stands a fair chance at getting his 1st or 2nd choice (which honestly may be a toss up between the Harbaugh brothers).  I can't wait until they ditch Tannehill and go in a different direction though. 

I agree about his spending.  I don't care anything for Jim, but I'd be cool w/ John.

Trouble with Tannehill is that he has showed he can be really good when he's protected, but showed he can be really bad when he's not.  I feel really bad for him though - the only consistency he's had through his career is inconsistency.  Head coaches & offensive coordinators changing every other year, he's always had an atrocious offensive line.  None of that blame can be put on him - that's incompetence in management.  

I would love to know what he would be capable of, had he gotten any sort protection from his oline, or some consistency from an offensive staff.  Unfortunately Gase falls into the category of great coordinator, catastrophic failure as a head coach.  A developing qb needs more consistency than what he has gotten.

I'd like to see them build the oline, and let Thill play out the remainder of his contract.  There aren't any obviously better options available.  Even if there were, the oline is in shambles - anybody would get killed behind it.

Also, DC has to be a major focus.  Without looking it up, how many times did we score 24+ points, and lose?

3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I would love to know what he would be capable of, had he gotten any sort protection from his oline, or some consistency from an offensive staff.

2016 was the closest we've had, really. O-line was decent that year and Tannehill actually had a chance to throw the ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Also, DC has to be a major focus.  Without looking it up, how many times did we score 24+ points, and lose?

Why are there Rex Ryan rumors as HC.? How about Rex Ryan as DC instead? He's thrived there but not as much as the HC.

Pay him HC money to be DC and maybe he takes it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Why are there Rex Ryan rumors as HC.?

For what it's worth, I have come to expect moves like this from Ross.  There's not a doubt in my mind that he will be the next HC.

Not that I expect them to land back in Miami,  but Todd Bowles & Vance Joseph are both available.  Between them & Ryan, there are a handful of great DC options.