• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Mr. Wizard

REAL FANS - Do we make Jeter suffer another year of us not attending?

For those of us that are true REAL FANS that know we got screwed with everything that Jeter and Sherman did. Like getting rid of our great developed players, got rid of Jack, Conine, Dawson and Perez and all the other things that pissed us off. We protested and kept our money and DID NOT go to any games, nor buy any merchandise, so what are your thoughts for doing the same or not this year?

• Downvote 2

Once Fangraphs finally does an elegy for the 2018 Marlins, I'll make my decision on 2019 tickets.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Mr. Wizard said:

For those of us that are true REAL FANS that know we got screwed with everything that Jeter and Sherman did. Like getting rid of our great developed players, got rid of Jack, Conine, Dawson and Perez and all the other things that pissed us off. We protested and kept our money and DID NOT go to any games, nor buy any merchandise, so what are your thoughts for doing the same or not this year?

Cool story. Welcome to the site.

True REAL FANS understand this is a rebuild and that it HAD TO BE DONE. There is none of this "just add two more pitchers" nonsense, there is no "but we had two MVPs on the field and another all-star." The latter one may be true, BUT WE DID NOT WIN WITH THEM. We had that trio for the better part of five years and every year had a losing record with no farm system as far as the eye could see. That doesn't work.

Thanks and have a great day.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Michael said:

Cool story. Welcome to the site.

True REAL FANS understand this is a rebuild and that it HAD TO BE DONE. There is none of this "just add two more pitchers" nonsense, there is no "but we had two MVPs on the field and another all-star." The latter one may be true, BUT WE DID NOT WIN WITH THEM. We had that trio for the better part of five years and every year had a losing record with no farm system as far as the eye could see. That doesn't work.

Thanks and have a great day.

Stats say our starting pitching was the issue. You don't win without starting pitching. Nice try though. 

There's no rebuild just recouping of their 1.2 billion investment. I don't trust these new York guys. I'm waiting to let Manfred know how I feel though lebatard did a good job of it. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Wizard said:

Sadly, I got saddled with paying last year so I was late to the party. But this year I plan to let my wallet be heard.

1 hour ago, Mr. Wizard said:

I’m buying merchendise.  I plan to attend as many games as my schedule will allow.  I’m going to spring training.  It’s baseball man.  Life’s too short to boycott baseball. 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I’m buying merchendise.  I plan to attend as many games as my schedule will allow.  I’m going to spring training.  It’s baseball man.  Life’s too short to boycott baseball. 

Sounds like you're not a REAL FAN then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Well sounds like this thread isn't intended for fake fans like me. 

Not sure how turning your back on something you supposedly love just because something didn't go your way makes you a real fan. To me that's the very definition of a bandwagon fan, therefore a fake fan.

Don't come back around if Jeter's plan works. 

Edited by SilverBullet (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Sounds like you're not a REAL FAN then.

Guess not. Big phony right here

• Like 1