• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Mr. Wizard

REAL FANS - Do we make Jeter suffer another year of us not attending?

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I'm hoping even the #FuckJeter crowd can agree with me on this one. Trading cash for make believe pitchers was not a realistic option. It has nothing to do with anyone being "cheap" it just isn't something that could have happened.

These trades happen in baseball. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Wizard said:

There are people that GIVE A SHIT and express their opinions and go to the meetings to do some thing about it,(Real Fansj and then there are those that just go with whatever is going on (Fake fans)nuthatch don’t do anything so nothing good gets changed.

I just feel that if you were a Real fan that you would feel like me and not financially support Jeter and company until they actually gives us a playoff team. After all they are the guys with more money than we will ever have and get richer off of us.

Thanks for finally giving an explanation to your original post because it came off a little wild at first.

I just don't agree with your idea that those of us who support Jeter are fake fans. I definitely give a shit about what's going on... I absolutely do not just go along with whatever they do automatically. It actually offends me that anyone would think that. Maybe I really do agree with Jeter and am not just blindly following his every move?

You cannot say that real fans aren't allowed to support them until a winner comes along. That's called a bandwagon fan. I'd rather be here though the bad so that it means something when I'm there for the good and so that I know I'm not only there for the good. We do not have to share your opinion to be considered real fans. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

So am I reading that right? He's saying the reason the Marlins sucked under him is not because of his failures but because Miami is a bandwagon town?

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

So am I reading that right? He's saying the reason the Marlins sucked under him is not because of his failures but because Miami is a bandwagon town?

I mean.  He's not wrong, it is, but the two are not mutually exclusive.

Samson needs to visit here, he clearly doesn't know what a real fan is.

unless of course the @Marlins draw 1.5 million real, paying fans next year

The real fans wouldn't be going to games David.

Based on attendance in 2018, I'd say the Marlins have the most real fans in MLB.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Samson needs to visit here, he clearly doesn't know what a real fan is.

The real fans wouldn't be going to games David.

Based on attendance in 2018, I'd say the Marlins have the most real fans in MLB.

Gotta love how he mentioned "real, paying fans" when it's known they artificially inflated attendance figures by buying tickets for $1 for nobody.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I mean.  He's not wrong, it is, but the two are not mutually exclusive.

Exactly. Yes this is a bandwagon town but maybe if he brought the team more success the bandwagon fans would have had a reason to show up. 

3 hours ago, sdg210 said:

Because starting pitching is what we needed. How is that wrong?

Yes, I know pitching is what we needed, but it wasn't going to be just two pitchers. I see you listed Fiers, Anderson, and Harvey later in the thread, so I'll address that.

Fiers would have been a 100% no-go because Stanton doesn't like the guy for breaking his face, but maybe in the interest of winning they'd have gotten over that. Or not. Harvey ... maybe. Perhaps he just needed a change of scenery, didn't exactly do great in Cincinnati but that team's not so good as it is. Anderson ended up injured but of course you can't predict that - given his numbers when he played, though, also not so great. Basically would have been in the same situation, IMO.

On top of all that, you're just looking at starters and then assuming the bullpen automatically becomes good. It's a huge assumption that the starters you sign are going to always go at least six or seven innings and allow the bullpen arms time to rest and be better. So in reality, it's not just two or three starting pitchers. You're looking more at, overall, probably six to eight arms.