Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Streaming TV providers

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yes, everything except Xbox.

And no other live tv streaming service [except for Pluto, which is free] will work on PlayStation.

Making the switch to YouTube TV has been great for me. Made easier by the fact I can use it through my TV directly so I don't even have to have my Xbox running. Saving that power!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael said:

And no other live tv streaming service [except for Pluto, which is free] will work on PlayStation.

Making the switch to YouTube TV has been great for me. Made easier by the fact I can use it through my TV directly so I don't even have to have my Xbox running. Saving that power!

I have an AppleTV which all of them use as far as I know. They all have their own little flaws like I don't like the Vue guide that much. Some people do but for me, I preferred the guide on DTVNow. Vue has been the best overall though IMO when factoring in a DVR. If you don't need a DVR, then YouTube is probably best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I have an AppleTV which all of them use as far as I know. They all have their own little flaws like I don't like the Vue guide that much. Some people do but for me, I preferred the guide on DTVNow. Vue has been the best overall though IMO when factoring in a DVR. If you don't need a DVR, then YouTube is probably best.

YouTube has a DVR too.

I'm not the biggest fan of the YTTV guide either, but for me, biggest thing about it [and of course it's same with Vue] is that it has MLB Network. Channel order customizability is also very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Michael said:

YouTube has a DVR too.

I'm not the biggest fan of the YTTV guide either, but for me, biggest thing about it [and of course it's same with Vue] is that it has MLB Network. Channel order customizability is also very nice.

I know it has a DVR but it replaces the DVR stuff with on-demand quickly especially CBS shows so it essentially doesn't have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I know it has a DVR but it replaces the DVR stuff with on-demand quickly especially CBS shows so it essentially doesn't have one.

What do u mean? And how soon? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

What do u mean? And how soon? 

YouTubeTV replaces CBS DVR shows within a couple of hours of broadcast, if you wait until the next day it'll be on-demand and you have to watch commercials. Other networks are about a week before that happens.

Vue doesn't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

YouTubeTV replaces CBS DVR shows within a couple of hours of broadcast, if you wait until the next day it'll be on-demand and you have to watch commercials. Other networks are about a week before that happens.

Vue doesn't do that.

Ohhh. I assume it's only for networks that have on demand content? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Ohhh. I assume it's only for networks that have on demand content? 

Yes. Any others would remain as DVR content. So if you record a Marlins game for instance, I assume it'd stay but I can't guarantee that because I didn't have it during baseball season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yes. Any others would remain as DVR content. So if you record a Marlins game for instance, I assume it'd stay but I can't guarantee that because I didn't have it during baseball season.

Good to know, thanks for the info. Finally cut cable this week when my Direct TV promotion ended. The price difference is astronomical. I can subscribe to 3 streaming services at the same time for the price of my cable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...