Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Streaming TV providers

24 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yes, everything except Xbox.

And no other live tv streaming service [except for Pluto, which is free] will work on PlayStation.

Making the switch to YouTube TV has been great for me. Made easier by the fact I can use it through my TV directly so I don't even have to have my Xbox running. Saving that power!

1 minute ago, Michael said:

And no other live tv streaming service [except for Pluto, which is free] will work on PlayStation.

Making the switch to YouTube TV has been great for me. Made easier by the fact I can use it through my TV directly so I don't even have to have my Xbox running. Saving that power!

I have an AppleTV which all of them use as far as I know. They all have their own little flaws like I don't like the Vue guide that much. Some people do but for me, I preferred the guide on DTVNow. Vue has been the best overall though IMO when factoring in a DVR. If you don't need a DVR, then YouTube is probably best.

6 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I have an AppleTV which all of them use as far as I know. They all have their own little flaws like I don't like the Vue guide that much. Some people do but for me, I preferred the guide on DTVNow. Vue has been the best overall though IMO when factoring in a DVR. If you don't need a DVR, then YouTube is probably best.

YouTube has a DVR too.

I'm not the biggest fan of the YTTV guide either, but for me, biggest thing about it [and of course it's same with Vue] is that it has MLB Network. Channel order customizability is also very nice.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

YouTube has a DVR too.

I'm not the biggest fan of the YTTV guide either, but for me, biggest thing about it [and of course it's same with Vue] is that it has MLB Network. Channel order customizability is also very nice.

I know it has a DVR but it replaces the DVR stuff with on-demand quickly especially CBS shows so it essentially doesn't have one.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I know it has a DVR but it replaces the DVR stuff with on-demand quickly especially CBS shows so it essentially doesn't have one.

What do u mean? And how soon? 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

What do u mean? And how soon? 

YouTubeTV replaces CBS DVR shows within a couple of hours of broadcast, if you wait until the next day it'll be on-demand and you have to watch commercials. Other networks are about a week before that happens.

Vue doesn't do that.

32 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

YouTubeTV replaces CBS DVR shows within a couple of hours of broadcast, if you wait until the next day it'll be on-demand and you have to watch commercials. Other networks are about a week before that happens.

Vue doesn't do that.

Ohhh. I assume it's only for networks that have on demand content? 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Ohhh. I assume it's only for networks that have on demand content? 

Yes. Any others would remain as DVR content. So if you record a Marlins game for instance, I assume it'd stay but I can't guarantee that because I didn't have it during baseball season.

21 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yes. Any others would remain as DVR content. So if you record a Marlins game for instance, I assume it'd stay but I can't guarantee that because I didn't have it during baseball season.

Good to know, thanks for the info. Finally cut cable this week when my Direct TV promotion ended. The price difference is astronomical. I can subscribe to 3 streaming services at the same time for the price of my cable.