Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Which South Florida team wins a championship next?

Which South Florida team wins a championship next?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought this was an interesting discussion for us especially with most of these teams at some pretty significant lows at this moment. The article didn't include Inter Miami but I threw them into the poll because, with none of the other teams near a title I figured Inter Miami had a chance in this race.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-sp-miami-pro-sports-championship-odds-20190109-story.html

By championship I assume you mean league champ and you’re limiting it to the five main pro sports leagues. Correct?

9 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

By championship I assume you mean league champ and you’re limiting it to the five main pro sports leagues. Correct?

I mean, you see the options right?

Win the Super Bowl, the Finals, World Series, Stanley Cup, and whatever the soccer one is called.

Are we talking on an infinite timeline?  Or who has the best chance in the next X years?

I'd say Panthers or Heat.  Both have been on the periphery of the playoff picture recently, which at least puts them in the picture.

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Are we talking on an infinite timeline?  Or who has the best chance in the next X years?

The article says it in terms of the next decade but that is kinda meaningless because whether it's in ten years or fifteen years the next championship is the next championship. The question is who's next so the timeline could potentially be infinite. 

I said the Heat. Current squad won't do it, but I'm expecting Riley to add to the roster in the near future. I can see them being champs before any of the other teams. Of all the South Florida teams, the Heat are competitive most often I believe. It could be the soccer team, but that's impossible to say since they don't even have a roster yet.

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It could be the soccer team, but that's impossible to say since they don't even have a roster yet.

Anyone who realllllly believes the other teams are gonna suck for a long time can easily pick the non-existent soccer team as a choice here, which is why I thought to include them.

Edited by SilverBullet (see edit history)

I don’t think any of our professional teams are close enough to put one more closer to a championship than the other.  It’s really a toss up.  Back me in a corner and force me to pick one I’ll take Inter Miami based purely on the fact that Atlanta won one so quickly so....hey why not.  

Just now, THRILLHO said:

I don’t think any of our professional teams are close enough to put one more closer to a championship than the other.  It’s really a toss up.  

It's frustrating but it's what makes it an interesting topic. Even if one can pick any team it just takes one bad season to flip the whole narrative.