Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Which South Florida team wins a championship next?

Which South Florida team wins a championship next?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Or the butterfly title

is that swimming? 

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

what's the jai alai scene like these days?

I haven't gone since Dania was still around.

I'd voted for the Heat simply because if you hit the #1 pick and he's a generational player you almost immediately have a playoff team because one player can have such a massive impact in the NBA.

The Dolphins are a weird case.  Ross isn't shy about spending but man they have been snakebit by FA's underperforming and just NEVER being able to find a star, or even above average QB, who can regularly win you games.  Saban convincing whoever the GM was at the time to sign Culpepper over Brees was really a turning point for the franchise.  They actually have, in my opinion anyway, some solid options at RB and WR this past year, but it's rather hard to win when the OL is on the IR and your QB sucks in general.  I dunno, if they went all in and managed to draft Tua or Lawrence next year (not to be confused with uber Mets fan Larry) then the franchise may turn around quickly.

Panthers? meh....don't see it happening barring some miracle season. 

43 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I'd voted for the Heat simply because if you hit the #1 pick and he's a generational player you almost immediately have a playoff team because one player can have such a massive impact in the NBA.

The Dolphins are a weird case.  Ross isn't shy about spending but man they have been snakebit by FA's underperforming and just NEVER being able to find a star, or even above average QB, who can regularly win you games.  Saban convincing whoever the GM was at the time to sign Culpepper over Brees was really a turning point for the franchise.  They actually have, in my opinion anyway, some solid options at RB and WR this past year, but it's rather hard to win when the OL is on the IR and your QB sucks in general.  I dunno, if they went all in and managed to draft Tua or Lawrence next year (not to be confused with uber Mets fan Larry) then the franchise may turn around quickly.

Panthers? meh....don't see it happening barring some miracle season. 

Re: Brees and Culpepper; Saban wanted Brees but the medical team wouldn’t pass him on the physical. M

Heat is the easy pick, but if there were odds on this I think the Dolphins would be the play. Get Kyler and have Brady retire soon and you're on your way.