Sign in to follow this  
DTrain

Caesars Palace 2019 MLB Win Totals released

It is interesting they have a higher projection for the Marlins than last year considering JT isn't expected to be there.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It is interesting they have a higher projection for the Marlins than last year considering JT isn't expected to be there.

He's there at the moment though. They don't project based on possible transactions right?

Just now, SilverBullet said:

They don't project based on possible transactions right?

I would think they do if they are confident he won't be there.

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I would think they do if they are confident he won't be there.

I really don't know but that doesn't seem right. You would have to then predict where JT is going and add him into the other team's projection too I would guess. I don't think you can assume a projection on moves that haven't happened. I could totally be wrong though.

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I really don't know but that doesn't seem right. You would have to then predict where JT is going and add him into the other team's projection too I would guess. I don't think you can assume a projection on moves that haven't happened. I could totally be wrong though.

Vegas projects. In the NBA after last season ended, the Cavs, 76ers, Heat and Lakers all saw their odds reflect the potential of LeBron being on their team. Once he signed with LA, the other teams were set to different numbers and LAs number also changed.

They likely set this line with the likelihood of JT being dealt, but also have the potential he stays. So it may go up 3+ wins if he stays and down a win if he goes.

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Vegas projects. In the NBA after last season ended, the Cavs, 76ers, Heat and Lakers all saw their odds reflect the potential of LeBron being on their team. Once he signed with LA, the other teams were set to different numbers and LAs number also changed.

They likely set this line with the potential of JT being dealt, but also have the potential he stays. So it may go up a win or 2 if he stays and down a win or two if he goes.

giphy.gif

• Laugh 1